• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Feed back please

Signmaker1234

Thanks for the feedback

With the version of the guy with the spanner lower down, you can see the white feather shadowing the top of the text. Perhaps move the character to the background so the text is up front and not being feathered by the image.

Unlike everyone else, I quite like the first example but with the script text. The "Appliance Repair" text on the others looks boring and unimaginative. If you're still not set in concrete with the design, you could try inversing the Appliance Repair and name text making Appliance Repair the fancy large font and the name of the repairer the text underneath.

Of course, I wouldn't recommend doing so if this person is a well known repairer in a small to medium community whos name is important. If not...Appliance repair is definitely the more important attribute.

Looking forward to seeing more revisions. :)

I will post some pics of the finished project, thanks again!

toucan_graphics

The caricature looks too much like Homer Simpson and its overall poor quality really detracts from everything else..

I was thinking he looked like the bus driver from the Simpsons - then I read your comment and laughed a little.

The design has limited potential but it is not terrible. I would steer away from the "cutesie" looking mascot/cartoon character but that's just my own opinion.

Jillbeans

I would seriously try to talk the guy out of the psychotic serial killer wrench wielding appliance repairman. Draw something unique for him, less clip-arty looking more custom.
The first one, with the modified O, looked much better, although still not quite right.
I agree that what he does needs to be more important than his name.
I'd do that in a decent script and the service in the bigger font.
Love....Jill

Marlene

I would seriously try to talk the guy out of the psychotic serial killer wrench wielding appliance repairman. Draw something unique for him, less clip-arty looking more custom.
The first one, with the modified O, looked much better, although still not quite right.
I agree that what he does needs to be more important than his name.
I'd do that in a decent script and the service in the bigger font.
Love....Jill

agree wit Jill on making the psycho with the wrench less scary looking. I have a personal hatred of drawn cartoon like characters (Jill will know why) but I they insist at least make him less clipart looking

Signmaker1234

Well...

Apparently his son drew/found online, not sure? But he really wants to use it! I don't care for it either! I tried my best to talk him out of it, didn't work! :(

Mountain Man

"Appliance Repair" needs to be kerned. It sounds like you are close to finalizing the logo. This is a small thing that will help.

Signmaker1234

Done

Customer is happy with it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 117

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I thought we were talking about developing a logo. To me, the end result was nothing more than a basic layout with a picture up front. No real design or creativity needed for this. However, why that comma in the middle ?? There is no sentence structure , therefore no punctuation needed.

Anyway, another :thumb: for a satisfied customer.