• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fellers Ordering

dman0427

There's this one lady in particular, I'm not going to name her, but when she answers the phone I'll hang up and call again just to get a different rep.
She's sooooo slow and is not on the ball. And she's been there for at least a year now.

S

SignTech

There's this one lady in particular, I'm not going to name her, but when she answers the phone I'll hang up and call again just to get a different rep.
She's sooooo slow and is not on the ball. And she's been there for at least a year now.

agreed ............. and I know who you mean ........ in addition I have run into one that was down right combative ........... I clearly think their customer service reps have taken a nose dive ....... spoke with Wade briefly (pretty cool guy) ...... he didn't sound very interested ...

I find the larger the company gets ....... the bigger their britches get and they cut costs first with their customer service reps ....... until people look elsewhere and it starts to effect their bottom line, then they get all friendly and chummy again ........

was with Geico for 8 years, then they raised my rates by 20% ... not tickets in 24 years, no accidents, no missed payments ... so I looked into Allstate's latest pitch and guess what? Allstate saved me $425 per year ... bye bye Geico ........ mwahh!

then again most cust. service in this country blows ......... had an Allstate rep handling my insurance cards drop the ball 3 times last week ....... just getting me basic new insurance cards ........... same attitude "could care less" so I save money by switching to Allstate, but their reps are either in Asia somewhere or making 5 bucks an hour ....... it's all a trade off I guess ...... but FELLERS certainly has not changed their pricing at all ....... actually went up ........ and god forbid if you don't spend enough per year with them ........

petepaz

95% of the time i just fax my orders in and haven't had any issues
probably the only time i talk to someone is when they call to tell me something won't ship that day and that is rare

FatCat

I have built a good relationship with the Fellers rep. for my region. I know her extension and dial it every time I call in an order. I don't like/want to deal with anyone else, so if she can't answer my call I leave a message and she calls me back. She knows me by name, knows the type of stuff I order and is quick to answer my questions. She's helped me out of a few scrapes and in the rare event of a screw-up she has always done her best to remedy it quickly.

Pat Whatley

There's this one lady in particular...
:ROFLMAO: Yes there is and I hang up on her too. There's also condescending guy as well.

But all in all I'm happy with them. They get my orders right almost every time and they're extremely good about having vinyl in stock for next day delivery.

I never ask the order taker people questions about a product. I don't think most of them have ever even seen the stuff, it's not needed to do their job. If I need info I call my rep, if he doesn't know the answer he'll get it and get back to me. That's all I could ask for.

Letterbox Mike

I was just having this discussion with someone yesterday. Fellers is like calling in an order to the sears catalog or something. Some of the reps are nice, but there's no real service or support there. You're just a number, they're just a call center. They might as well be located in Mumbai and be staffed with a bunch of guys named "Bob" and "Joe". Fellers is still a good company, and 99% of the time they deliver on their promises, but I just feel unimportant and, like I said, like a number to them. Not necessarily a good thing.

I've been transitioning away from the as much as possible for this reason. I'm finding smaller companies (smaller is a relative term... Laird plastics, Grimco, Neon Engineering) are giving me more competitive pricing and much better service (service goes beyond a friendly voice on the other end of the line).

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Is it me, or did Fellers phone system and the knowledge of their phone reps when calling just take a nose dive????

If you rely on the phone squad at Fellers for advice on anything you're compounding foolishness.

Fellers is as good a place as any to call and order if you know what you want. If you don't, seek advice elsewhere, these people know nothing. The only thing they reliably know is where they have whatever it is you want.

CrabbyOldGuy

I agree with FatCat and I have the feeling we have the same rep. Always call her directly and very rarely have any problems. The problems have always been corrected quickly and with little problem on my end. Over all, easy to do business with and friendly on the phone.

trakers

"There's also condescending guy as well."

I got that guy the other day and was surprised since every other time my ordertaker has been courteous and knowledgeable.

I mentioned it to the Feller's printer installer guy and he offered to have Frank call me to discuss. I declined but might take him up on it if I get the rude ordertaker again.

Doyle

Bob nailed it on the head.... if you know what you want, you're pretty much good to go. Though I got a new rep on the phone the other day and mannn was she slowwwww. Didn't know much about anything in their catalog. She said she was new so I was very patient with her. Otherwise, I usually know exactly what I want and have no problems ordering it. I couldn't care less about knowing each of them personally, I just need to order vinyl and get off the phone.

I hadn't ever even heard of Fellers until a few years ago (I heard of them here on Signs101) and have been ordering 2-3 times per week from them ever since. I am very picky about vinyl and print media and they stock lots of Oracal products (my choice vinyl and print media). And I am constantly ordering short rolls of odd colors for different jobs. I had never found a vendor previously that would sell materials by the yard.

I have been very pleased with my experiences with them, always in stock and on time. They have only made one error in all the orders that I have placed with them.

TheSellOut

I have to say, business must have slowed down for them. Everytime I call now someone answer the phone before I get Frank telling me that it is "their top priority to answer the phone in 90 seconds or less". I use to count the seconds while waiting and I olny ever waited longer than that 90 sec. once!

John L

I've noticed about the same. I asked one operator about a week ago and she said business has slowed down considerably.

curtrnev

Same here I just ordered some stuff the other day , when I was done she asked if there was anything else I needed I said "no that would all" she just hung up! No thank you , have a nice day or anything just gone. I got all of my stuff and there was no shipping but come on how about a little effort.

Jack Knight1979

I'd say it has gone down hill in the last three months. You can tell they're hurting. I think they let go their more seasoned reps. I've used Fellers since they were known as Ameriban.

All the reps I'm used to are gone. Bunch of new rude voices.

I haven't heard Frank tell me about his air conditioned warehouses for at least six months. LOL

ProWraps

order a ton of stuff from them. never cared enough to even pay attention to their reps that answer the phones. all i ask is how long until i get my stuff and if it is in stock. they have all answered both questions to their ability.

they only screwed our order up once. we ordered 6 replacement wheels for our rolliepros. we got 6 new rolliepros. i hope they continue to make mistakes.

Last edited:

gnatt66

i call every week or so,I did notice that i don't hear the 'we promise to pick up and care' message anymore though.

i dunno...free shipping and it's on my front counter the next day, works for me.