Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Fence Banner for Lacrosse Field

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by Blaster, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Blaster

Blaster Adam B.

Jan 22, 2017
    Connecticut
    Hey all, I need to produce approx 300' of fence banner for our local school. It needs to be a little taller than what Im able to print on my 360 so Im outsourcing. Also, can someone recommend a supplier? They'd like to get a few years use out of it and it will be taken down and stored in winter.

Tags:
  2. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    When you say "fence banner", are you referring to mesh material?

there are plenty of MM here that can do this product.
    since you want multiple years, would suggest reinforcing the corners/edges

3. Blaster

Blaster Adam B.

Jan 22, 2017
    Connecticut
    I guess thats my question too. Is mesh a better product than Vinyl w slits? I havent done a project of this type before.

4. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    Mesh is much better than vinyl with slits. Vinyl with slits doesn't reduce wind resistance by much and imo looks really ugly. Either option will eventually tear though. The life you get out of it will all depend on the install (also +1 to reinforce all anchor points). Make sure it's tight to minimize any flapping in the wind, that's when you get tears.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Will this be a solid 300' long ?? If so, that's gonna be quite cumbersome to roll up and store away without doing damage to it, just from the standpoint of mildew and such, let alone the weight factor.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Blaster

Blaster Adam B.

Jan 22, 2017
    Connecticut
    Well its 300' total but I imagine it would be done in sections for ease of handling. That would be a big roll :) Appreciate the info. Can anyone recommend a good supplier for this?

7. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Merritts..... a Merchant Member, here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blaster

Blaster Adam B.

Jan 22, 2017
    Connecticut
    Thanks Gino, forgot about them and they're local to me.

9. BALLPARK

BALLPARK Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Radford, VA
    Signs2Trade can handle your mesh banner project. Great print quality with their GS Vutek printers.

10. PeteDuMond

PeteDuMond New Member

May 3, 2013
    Lansing, MI
    We put up 4, 6' x 50' banners printed on 12oz mesh, onto a construction jobsite fence. The entire fence blew over. Has anyone else had this happen? We ended up cutting wind slits in the mesh.

11. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    What's the entire size of the fence ?? In other words, how much fence was covered by your mesh banner ??

12. ABA Visibility Products

ABA Visibility Products Merchant Member

Jan 3, 2019
    Salt Lake City, UT
    We'd be glad to do this project for you. Give Bryan a call @ 801-305-1655 or email sales@abacatalog.com. We print mesh banner, seamless, up to 126" wide.

Thank you!