• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Fence Banner for Lacrosse Field

Blaster

Adam B.
Hey all, I need to produce approx 300' of fence banner for our local school. It needs to be a little taller than what Im able to print on my 360 so Im outsourcing. Also, can someone recommend a supplier? They'd like to get a few years use out of it and it will be taken down and stored in winter.

2B

When you say "fence banner", are you referring to mesh material?

there are plenty of MM here that can do this product.
since you want multiple years, would suggest reinforcing the corners/edges

Blaster

Adam B.
I guess thats my question too. Is mesh a better product than Vinyl w slits? I havent done a project of this type before.

Dan360

Mesh is much better than vinyl with slits. Vinyl with slits doesn't reduce wind resistance by much and imo looks really ugly. Either option will eventually tear though. The life you get out of it will all depend on the install (also +1 to reinforce all anchor points). Make sure it's tight to minimize any flapping in the wind, that's when you get tears.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Will this be a solid 300' long ?? If so, that's gonna be quite cumbersome to roll up and store away without doing damage to it, just from the standpoint of mildew and such, let alone the weight factor.

Blaster

Adam B.
Well its 300' total but I imagine it would be done in sections for ease of handling. That would be a big roll :) Appreciate the info. Can anyone recommend a good supplier for this?

PeteDuMond

We put up 4, 6' x 50' banners printed on 12oz mesh, onto a construction jobsite fence. The entire fence blew over. Has anyone else had this happen? We ended up cutting wind slits in the mesh.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What's the entire size of the fence ?? In other words, how much fence was covered by your mesh banner ??