• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Few ?'s About Wide-Format Printers

Justin

Ohh... Yeah I ordered a few samples from HP just to check out.. I thought they were AMAZING! I'm going to get my butt in gear, and maybe in the next 2 years I will need one rather than wanting/dreaming for one!

Mosh

Save your money and pay cash for it, then if you don't have the work, you won't be worried with a payment. Save $700-$1,000 a month and you can have a printer/cutter and lam in two years easy.

Simple to do, just don't drink as much and stop going to the strip clubs and you could easily save up that much.

HulkSmash

Ohh... Yeah I ordered a few samples from HP just to check out.. I thought they were AMAZING! I'm going to get my butt in gear, and maybe in the next 2 years I will need one rather than wanting/dreaming for one!

So what is your day job right now? Why do you want to get into digital printing? What inspired you? I want to be blunt, not rude -- Everyone and their mother tries to get into this industry because they think it's easy. And yeah i guess it is. Most people think they can get in and get money fast. People do not understand the overhead in this business. It's crazy the amount of money spent on materials. Keep that in mind when starting. Best of luck

CheapVehicleWrap

Save your money and pay cash for it, then if you don't have the work, you won't be worried with a payment. Save $700-$1,000 a month and you can have a printer/cutter and lam in two years easy.

Simple to do, just don't drink as much and stop going to the strip clubs and you could easily save up that much.

:goodpost: Yeah, it only took Mosh 3 weeks

Justin

So what is your day job right now? Why do you want to get into digital printing? What inspired you? I want to be blunt, not rude -- Everyone and their mother tries to get into this industry because they think it's easy. And yeah i guess it is. Most people think they can get in and get money fast. People do not understand the overhead in this business. It's crazy the amount of money spent on materials. Keep that in mind when starting. Best of luck

That's a good question. I guess I have kind of always wanted a digital printer personally, and think it would be awesome. Also, there seems to be so many opportunities to make money at it, and I personally think it's fun to design/cut graphics, signs, etc.. I've been around copiers/typewriters/fax machines/computers my entire life(my father sales+services office machines+supplies). I want to own my own business, be close to home, and obviously make money. I'm not trying to be a millionaire, but just make a good living. Growing up, and now I design flyers for people to shove around town, and I enjoy it. I just really enjoy designing stuff, and seeing people use it.

I mean there are just so many ways to print, make money, and have the comfort of basically having a business for under 100k. If I can get hooked up with someone wholesale(I'm trying) I'd love to do this stuff all the time, and eventually find myself a niche market to specialize in.

Possible Markets I can think of..
- Casket Decals/Wraps (I really enjoyed RogueRoller's post & I am really thinking of trying to get something going in this area. This may be morbid, but everyone passes away sometime.)
- Helmets
- Custom Wallpaper
- Wall Graphics
- Posters(Art & Advertising)
- Decals(Everyday Client+Commercial(Warning/Instructional)+Advertising)
- Political Signs/Banners/Decals/Wraps
- Signs Obviously
- Door Signs
- Light Shades/Home Decor
- Paintings(I can plot now, but yeah..)
- Wine Labels
- Vehicle Wraps(I honestly wouldn't want to specialize in cars/private trucks. I would like doing semi trailers/buses, etc.)

That's about all I can think of atm.. How flooded any of those markets are I'm not sure other than it seems like everywhere has someone who does vehicle wraps.

My current job - working at my fathers business answering phone, taking orders, making deliveries, etc.. I have worked for various companies throughout until now. I just want to get serious on having my own business.