• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fexi 8.5 / Runtime Error

PMG

what would cause this to happen,i get a run time error in flexi,happen 3 times today alone. Im sure its in my Pc and not within Flexi,any thought on this would be nice...thank you!

Attachments

• Flexi Run Time error.jpg
    Flexi Run Time error.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 157

signmack

Run Time Error

I don't think it's your pc. I've had mine to crash many times with that error message. Do you have any trouble with crashes when you print a file? We crash about 50% of the time when we print the file just on a desktop printer. I've talked to SAI many times, nothing so far. We're using FlexiPro 8.5v2.:cool:

PMG

I don't think it's your pc. I've had mine to crash many times with that error message. Do you have any trouble with crashes when you print a file? We crash about 50% of the time when we print the file just on a desktop printer. I've talked to SAI many times, nothing so far. We're using FlexiPro 8.5v2.:cool:
Never have a issue printing...Just crashing when i go to copy something or it will say a error has accured and need to shut down,and this Run time error.

sometimes you can just move the error box out of your way and keep working. try that.
Not when flexi shuts its self down...never have i been able to keep working.

Techman

memory problems.. either not enuf, or there is a memory leak..
Just a quick guess ,,

But more often Run time errors can be caused by anti virus, a software bug, or some other conflict.

All to often a software tries to use some module that does not connect exactly right. I n your case it is trying to use the clipboard to copy something and crashes.

And most often
There are known problems with nortons and McAfee suite.
Your program is likely trying to talk to some module and the anti virus is preventing it..

PMG

i have 4 gigs of mem in ..but only reads as 3.25 XP32bit and i have AVG 8.0 and have Flexi in the firewall along with the production manager and Sai License Service and SAI download and also the sentinel protection service.

SignBurst PCs

Unfortunately, we are seeing a lot of these types of issues with 8.5. SAI is aware of the issues and I am sure that they are working on it.

It doesn't seem to be an issue of hardware (i.e. RAM) or antivirus incompatibility. I wish it were that easy with the 8.5 issues.

I know at least on printer company that refuses to ship 8.5 because of the problems. They have resorted to shipping an older version to avoid the problems. It is unfortunate, but true.