• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File is not printing the same color as yesterday!!!

GARY CULY

welp reading this post this morning tells me im not the only one to have this happen to..same thing has happened here before . now theres probly abillion things you could try ,but one thing that will work ,is always print all the panels there at one time and not turn anything off...
you know the flexi rip is sorta bottom feeder rip compared to real rips as wasatch ,onyx,etc....it is fine to use and i use it but i know i need to buy a real rip program. there are way too many variables with flexi rip..i see problems with it on here everyday. the canned profiles "work" but comppared to the next level there laughable..we will have to put up with glitches.if you can stand it ,fine..but if i was a bigger shop it would have to go first thing..a big production shop couldnt afford the material loss along with time -loss,aggrivation. hope you get it sorted out friend
oh you do use the "tile flip" feature? so the print patterns line up when you install panels?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
you know the flexi rip is sorta bottom feeder rip compared to real rips as wasatch ,onyx,etc....it is fine to use and i use it but i know i need to buy a real rip program....

Interesting since, if memory serves, they all pretty much use the same RIP engine. At least they used to do so. If that's the case then the only difference between the poseur Flexi and those real raster interface processors is the package that surrounds the engine. But then my memory isn't what it once was.

Regardless of the state of my mental acuity, wide format digital printing remains far more art than science. In order to produce consistent results you have to be a skilled digital pressman. There is no algorithm, you have to know and, more importantly, understand your equipment, your software, and the idiosyncrasies of both. The traditional way to achieve this is investing a lot of time, ink, and media. I'm unaware of any non-traditional way to get there from here.

As a counterpoint to the traditional wisdom. I use exactly two profiles for absolutely everything I print and most of the time I forget to use the second one when it might be appropriate. The legions of profile warriors are usually aghast when they hear this. Yet I have no problem whatsoever producing results with quality matching or besting anyone else in town on any media used to date. Better yet, my results are predictable and consistent, something with which the others seem to have a problem.

Am I blessed and are they accursed? Or have I developed a better understanding and rapport with my gear and software? It has been my experience that this sort of printing, as with most things in life, becomes simpler with understanding. Rather than throwing more profiles and more complexity at the problem, take the time to develop an understanding of just what it is you're doing.

I spend a lot of time dealing with horses and horse people. I doubt that in all the world there exists an endeavor where people try to solve their problems by throwing equipment at it at the level it's done with all things horse. People seem to think that if they just had this or that bit, this or that rigging, article of clothing, etc., that they magically would be able to ride.

Unfortunately they have it just backward. If they learned to ride, they would be able to exact a performance from a horse with most any sort of hardware or with none at all. Some eventually realize this. Many never do. Certainly there is different gear for different purposes but for the most part these are very subtle nuances and the average rider couldn't tell the difference on the best day he ever had on the best horse he ever rode. If that same average rider were to learn how to actually ride a horse, then these nuances might become apparent. Or not, depending.

gabagoo

I cant imagine how the colour could be so different unless something changed in the rip, be it profile or dpi, To have such a large colour change doesnt really make sense. I mean I am very dependant on Flexis ability to save my settings so that when I open the job be it a day a week or a year later it still remembers what it was I did to print the file, Although I have caught the software the odd time doing some strange stuff so I now record important info right into the file if need be. I like Bob have become dependant on using 1 or 2 profiles for pretty much everything and, yes I can run into problems with colour matching at times but hopefully soon I can eventually invest in some profiling equipment.