Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

file upload via webpage

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by Todds, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Todds

Todds New Member

Jan 22, 2009
    What are you using to allow customers to upload files via your website? Are you requiring userid/password for access? Any hints, links, code, or suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Tags:
  2. artist4christ

artist4christ Member

Jan 22, 2009
    I built a web ftp system, that allows me an dmy clients to upload and manage files.

There is a ton of information out there for this sort of stuff.

The only thing I can recommend is find out what control you have over your server. If you are using a dedicated server or run your own then it is fairly easy to do. With PHP using a shared host getting around the restrictions in the .ini file can be a little tough.

Best way to find info is to google the code language and what you want it to do.

for example PHP(this needs to be in all caps) and file uploader, the all caps specifies that you want to look for search results involving that language

3. BobbyFosson

BobbyFosson Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Awesome resource here

Simple one I wrote a long while back that requires visitor to supply a password (that is provided to them via email or phone) and they can upload into 1 of 3 different directories on the server... Documents, Common Files, Images
    Link

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
  5. HeavyHitter

HeavyHitter Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Smaller files can be done on my site here... http://www.509media.com/contact/

Files are added as an attachment. I do have an FTP for people to send larger files if needed.

A good alternative for some clients might be www.yousendit.com

I guess it really depends on how many large files are being sent to you.

Dan

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  6. mountaingraphic

mountaingraphic Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Great lookin site Bobby

7. legacyborn

legacyborn Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Winters, CA