Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fill for a Graphic

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by captainron19, Mar 5, 2008.

1. captainron19

captainron19 Member

May 11, 2005
    captainron19
    I have a graphic (see attached) that I am preparing to cut out. Will be weeding out all of the white area so pretty much just the outline of the graphic remains.

I need to export to a jpg in order to show a proof. Using Flexi how can I have a fill of the red color for this graphic. When I imported the EPS from my library and chose fill it just makes the edges red but I want the area in betweek the cuts filled also... confusing?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. VisualMediaSolutions

VisualMediaSolutions Member

Jan 8, 2008
    not sure if this is what you are wanting to do but if you select it, go to bitmap, vectorize>bezier it will trace the image. Then take the traced image uncompound it, assign the color red and I think you will have what you were asking for.

3. captainron19

captainron19 Member

May 11, 2005
    captainron19
    I imported the image (it is an EPS) and when I choose bitmap - Vectorize Bezier is not allowed (grayed out)

4. VisualMediaSolutions

Jan 8, 2008
    try to copy the image you uploaded just now and paste it in flexi. Then you will be able to bezier it. then just add a contour cut to it.

5. captainron19

captainron19 Member

May 11, 2005
    captainron19
    Did that but lost the circle in the middle and I just got the outer outline of the object

6. VisualMediaSolutions

Jan 8, 2008
    Is this how you want it to look
    [​IMG]

7. captainron19

captainron19 Member

May 11, 2005
    captainron19
    Actually I just just got it. I exported from flexi as an EPS and opened in Corel Draw and was able to fill in the area needed with that method. Attached it what I was looking to accomplish

Attached Files:

• new.jpg
      new.jpg
      File size:
      42.5 KB
      Views:
  8. VisualMediaSolutions

Jan 8, 2008
    ha ha ok sorry I was way off.

9. Edge Guru

Edge Guru Member

Aug 1, 2007
    United States
    Combine

Some how you should be able to combined the shapes.... along the same lines of how you fill 2 circles to create the letter ''O''

Also searching through the help that came with the software might help.

Remember, Sign software does not do the work for you, you need to know how to work with your choice of software, in order to get the outcome you are looking for.

Importing & exporting is always an option, like you did. Although, you should really learn how to use your sign software.

10. captainron19

captainron19 Member

May 11, 2005
    captainron19
    Thats ok - appreciate the help