• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finally Got My Channel Letters Up!

That 3M Lime Green is a very nice color choice and illuminates quite well.

I'm actually doing three sets of channel letters as we speak. I'm using a custom coated Yellow Green RE Phoshpor CCFL behind it instead of white. I did some light measuring and I got nearly twice the light output instead of using white.

Depending on who you use for LED's you probably save about 35% in energy consumption over neon on magnetic transformers, neon on SST breaks about even. Judging from the size of your CL's, you chose right using LED's.

I am curious though, on who your sign guy used for his choice of LED's. Looks like some of the modules may already be going out. It's always up to the fabricator to use what's proven and lasts a longtime.

Again, nice sign!

Lau Designs

I love the sign!! looks awesome.. I have a stupid question. Did you wrap your truck or is that paint? If it's a wrap how did you match the color of the paint so well or is the whole trucked wraped with that grey color. That green looks almost metallic. I love that green color!

grafixemporium

It's a wrap... whole truck is covered in vinyl. It used to be silver. As far as the colors go, it just takes a few test prints and some tweaking to get things where you need them to be.

Glad everyone likes the sign!! Thanks!!

Jillbeans

It looks so nice that it makes your windows look bad.
hahaha
Glad you are redoing those too.
Seriously, makes your shop look professional.
Love.....Jill

grafixemporium

Thanks for the kind words everyone!! The windows are pretty much finished. Just need to throw the logo/hours/phone number up on the door. The whole shop looks so much more pulled together now. It reallllly pops during the day. All the green is a head turner. I hesitate to even post the "before" picture, but here it is... this is what the shop looked like 2 years ago and what it looks like today.

Attachments

• 02.18.2010 Storefront.jpg
    02.18.2010 Storefront.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 106
  • GrafixEmporium.jpg
    GrafixEmporium.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 93

EmpireGFX.com

Drastic Improvement!!! Looks very professional and inviting. We are in the midst of doing the same thing.. we are the only place in our plaza without a channel letter sign and we are the sign place! Needless to say, we are scrounging up money to get it done ASAP. I really think it will help us bring in more business and look more established! Keep up the good work!!!

nodrenim

Hate to have to tell you, but neon when properly done will outlast LED's by a very large margin and operate at less cost. Let us know how it works a year from now.You have a nice looking store front, one to be proud of for sure.