• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fine Black streaks on images whilst using a Roland SP540i

Photojonuk

IMG_20240819_105719.jpg

IMG_20240819_105725.jpg
IMG_20240819_165628.jpg

Attached are images which show the problem i am having. I have replaced the black print head and the problem remains. I have been advised that the carriage board and/or the main board may be the cause. I am not so sure. Any advice would be appreciated. Jon.

damonCA21

It could be either of those, or the short head cables or the long ones from the carriage board to mainboard. It looks like a bad connection just on one small part of the head to give very thin lines like that

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Clean your black printhead. Look closely - with a flashlight- for any fibers hanging off of it

Photojonuk

Clean your black printhead. Look closely - with a flashlight- for any fibers hanging off of it
That was my first thought. The printhead was replaced and the error remains. Therefore something else is affecting the print quality. All suggestions gratefully appreciated.

manlyon

Hi, have you tried to clean the encoder strip and his sensor ?
I recently had a problem of magenta around the print and cleaning the encoder strip fix it.
I though encoder strip problem would always affect all colors but in fact it can affect only one too...