• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finishing of mesh banners

Centro Graphics

Morning guys, hope all's well in your worlds.

We are enjoying a longer spell of settled weather with blue sky and warm temperature, something of a anonymity these past few years in England. Brings out the smiles and everyone seems a bit more relaxed. Long may it continue.

Anyways, I digress though, I have not even started my point, must be the weather. :smile:

We have been printing banners for years now, and sometimes mesh banners. In the past with all, we use banner tape and use our hand worked punch, all good.

Just got an order for 30 mesh banners, which we want to print in house but the finishing concerns me a little. When using banner tape on mesh, the double sided tape is essentially exposed as the material has holes in, so it may attract dirt sticking to the tape. This over time could look like a dirty grey/black border around each banner as the dirt has stuck to it. The banners are white b/g with artwork on face. How do you guys finish mesh banners? I was thinking of sending them out to be heat welded but though to throw it out there first.

Many Thanks

Steve

Last edited:

TheSnowman

I know you want to print them in house, but do you have any kind of a canvas shop that you could take them to have them finished for you when you are done that would have a heat welder?

I've always subbed those out because I don't know much about the "mesh world". If you had a place over there like Signs2Trade, I'd be all over just having someone else print them for me, but I think if you could find someone with a welder, you'd better look at that route.

ExecuPrintGS

We outsourced our finishing on banners for years, we kept getting them back scratched, wrinkled and beat. We finally broke down and bought an industrial sewing maching and seam sealer... For mesh banners we hem the sides with webbing and do a double stitch. They seem to be holding up fine.

Centro Graphics

Thanks for the feedback guys. We ended up having the mesh banners double stitched by a local curtain (drapes)maker with double strength thread. Reasonable price too.

Thanks for the valued suggestions

PS. The sun is STILL blazing here in London our best July since 2006, and driest in 250 years apparently. Love it
:cool::cool::cool::cool:

studebaker

Deluded Artist
I know this thread is finished with the originator posting his final remedy, Thank you, that's real helpful!

But for others in this situation, hem with banner tape as normal and sprinkle white talc /foot powder on the banner tape through the mesh. This fills the adhesive with a white that won't attract or hold dark colored dirt.

O

onlinestar

I know this thread is finished with the originator posting his final remedy, Thank you, that's real helpful!

But for others in this situation, hem with banner tape as normal and sprinkle white talc /foot powder on the banner tape through the mesh. This fills the adhesive with a white that won't attract or hold dark colored dirt.

that's the best post I seen here in years!

JBusch260

WOW! I never thought about that! Excellent tip, thank you!

2B

:goodpost:

Centro Graphics

Wow that is a fantastic tip, thanks very much. Will be trying this next time. Must do it in area where dust wont matter though. :smile:

copythat

Hey thanks

But that's a inventive idea!