• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fire Away

Adam Bennett

Wanted some feedback before I send this off to the customer

Attachments

• ORV Trailer S101.jpg
    ORV Trailer S101.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 114

Gino

Premium Subscriber
With that theme, I don't think its gonna matter too much. It will automatically turn heads.

Looks good, but I think you could beef up the 'VI-ENS' more with either a brighter outline or bolder strokes.

JR's

Hi Adam,
first off I'm assuming it's for racing of some sort.
It looks good what I would change is to move the girl closer to off-road. Have the R. in front of her shoulder. This way gives a 3-D effect. Colors look good.

JR

Monsterkidz

The font used for "OFF ROAD" doesn't really scream off road or racing to me.
Might want to try a few different fonts.

Just my opnion though.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
+1 for bigger boobs. here's why: Currently they look like girls. I think the word Vixen implies being voluptuous and that requires big boobs and in particular cleavage.

Also I'm not sure why but the style of the Vixen text doesn't seem to match up with the other style.

speedmedia

It is lacking something to tie it all together. Just sort of looks like items placed here and there. I think if you tie it all together it will look much better.

I agree with John that the font he suggested might look good for this application. Maybe just move some things around and don't be afraid to overlap to give it a sense of depth. Even some sort of subtle background would create that as long as it isn't overpowering.

Thanks,
Kurt

grafxxx

what people have been saying change the off road font. take those splats an spread it out for the background and lower the opacity on it to blend it in the back ground and make them brown for the blue girl move closer to the logo and have the off road tag shadow over her shoulder.

Adam Bennett

Better? Off Road was in copperplate in the version of the logo that I got, but I like this one better

Attachments

• ORV Trailer S101.jpg
    ORV Trailer S101.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 96

Circleville Signs

What about fading out the brown splatter in the background, and having "Off Road" look like the splattered mud?

As BlueFish said, right now because of the electric blue, Off Road REALLY jumps out in front of everything else.

Gary

slappy

great suggestion on the font John! That really made a difference in how you highlighted it Adam! I think it looks great!

Adam Bennett

Unfortunately, I think they're pretty set on copperplate as their accent font. They are a clothing company and that is what is printed on all of their merchandise.

dman0427

I know "Vixens" is plural, but does there really need to be two girls on there? IMO the second girl in the background throws it off a little, especially because its a mirror image with only a different color hat and shorts.
If you have multiple girls it might look better if they were in different poses and there should be 3 of them... unless the racing team is made up of only two girls and they are twins :)

I forgot to mention that it looks pretty awesome so far. I like the splatter effect in the second one.

Last edited:

GB2

Old Member
Copperplate..ugh..it's the font that you think is good for everything but isn't good for anything, you'll make it work though, a little bigger and bolder than your first one and make sure the angle is correct. I agree that there should be 3 girls if possible and different girls. Now, about that first girl, her face is the most prominent thing in the whole design to my eye. I don't know what it is, maybe it's just because I can't see too well on you picture or the fact that her hair can't be seen in the background but her face looks disproportionatly large, round and scary to me. Also, I think there's a little too much splatter in your last version but other than that it's a design with good impact.

Liquid GraphX

The Vixens gets a little lost with the other graphics and the font. Could you maybe try a yellow glo? Dunno it looks pretty dang good tho.