• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Firmware Update SP-540V

lrsbranding

I recently updated the firmware from 6.9 to 7.3 on my SP-540V. Now the secret handshake for service mode only prints a service report then goes to user mode. Does anyone know if there is a new handshake for the service mode?

FrankW

Printing service report is correct when just pressing three arrow keys while booting up: left, right, front. When you have entered the service mode before with firmware 6.9, you know that you have to press a special key order before booting up the printer with this three keys pressed, with the message "service mode protected" if done it wrong.

So I think something at your machine avoids to recognize this 7-key-code before. Do you remember that the printer have to be switched on with the switch at the right side of the printer?

lrsbranding

Ok. So I got into the service mode. Don't know why I couldn't earlier. I'll add this to the list of the other WTH's that I got with this machine.