• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First ColorLock Polymeric Curing Unit

mladams7259

I am in the process of purchasing an Encad 600e. It also comes with the First ColorLock Polymeric Curing Unit. The write up on this thing says it will make inkjet prints outdoor durable equal to or longer than solvent prints. The downside is that the media is outrageously priced, which will not be a problem due to the fact that I will be printing very little that has to be outdoor durable fo more than a few months. Im just opening a new shop and I dont have the budget for a new solvent printer yet, hopefully I will within a year. Until then If I need anything really large solvent printed Ill get up with some of the merchant members here to help me out. Anyways my question is has anyone ever used one of these units and do the prints hold up like the description states? BTW, the price is right for this equipment with or without the First™ ColorLock Polymeric Curing Unit. I would pay the same even if it wasnt included. I just wanted to know what to expect when I pick it up and use it! Thanks!
Here is a link to the description:
http://www.zebrawholesale.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=41

Techman

I would take a look with both eyes wide open..
A encad used goes for around 1500 - 2 grand tops. You can get carts and ink on ebay for about half price. Save the money on that polymetric for later use. Theres plenty of work whre you dont need to make a life long print with that thing. There wil be some solvent printers comming up for sale real soon real cheap.
IMHO...

mladams7259

The price is in the range you gave me Techman, with or without the polymeric curing unit. I was just curious how it stands up to the test.