• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Decal....

Screenanator

Ok.....got our new VP540 up and running.....the wife has made a few T-shirts...but here is the first decal/Sign related thing produced on it.....a couple of decals of my name on the windows of my Drag car.Go softly on my guys I'm still learning...gotta get my feet wet.LOL
bugsig.gif

Attachments

• PIC_1383_2.jpg
    PIC_1383_2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 350
P

ProWraps™

looks great. if you can master contour cutting, your on your way to success.

Left Coast

Looks good for a first go... im not a fan of having my stroke lines the same as my outer outline but thats a personal opinion hehe.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Not bad. One thing I would do it flip the gradient so the darker color is on the bottom. This way you won't have the dark spots on the uppercase letters and it blends a little nicer. :thumb:

Digital_Dan

Looks Okay, I agree with Mike, plus I would add a thin black outline around the text. This would break up the silver/Gray and make the letters pop!

Screenanator

thanks for the constructive pointers...I was so in a hurry.....looked ok on white...then when i put it on the window i saw alot of things to do different....but...it's learning....gotta jump in deep...LOL

os101king

Yeah, gotta have that pop.... looks nice though. Hell, I know a well-established sign shop around here that does GORGEOUS logos, but STILL does ancillary information in fades with non-contrasting outlines. If you're ten feet away you can't read any of it. Whatcha runnin (the one with wheels, not the printer)?

mystysue

Hiya Screen..
looking good.. i go with the above comments as well with getting those letters to pop.....

I know you will love your machine.. Im waiting on getting some of the clear t-shirt vinyl stuff to print on then will be experimenting with doing some t's with that.. let me know how the shirts are coming out that your doing.. are you using the colorprint stuff??

Screenanator

Yeah, gotta have that pop.... looks nice though. Hell, I know a well-established sign shop around here that does GORGEOUS logos, but STILL does ancillary information in fades with non-contrasting outlines. If you're ten feet away you can't read any of it. Whatcha runnin (the one with wheels, not the printer)?
This is what the decals are attached to....LOL

Attachments

• IMG_1196.jpg
    IMG_1196.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 178

Screenanator

Hiya Screen..
looking good.. i go with the above comments as well with getting those letters to pop.....

I know you will love your machine.. Im waiting on getting some of the clear t-shirt vinyl stuff to print on then will be experimenting with doing some t's with that.. let me know how the shirts are coming out that your doing.. are you using the colorprint stuff??
We are using Solutions opaque,clear,metalic,and puff all from Imprintables a.k.a. Stahls.....They gave us some sample with our machine...so we've been using that to make $$...figure it's the only frre money(LOL) we'll get from this machine.:thumb:

Screenanator

OH!!!

That brings back memories of the drag strip and no money! But it was fun.
ya....it's hard not to get addicted.....heck if I was driving a chevy I'd have the baddest car on the planet...but..I'm Mopar...so my parts cost 4 times as much....difference is...I only gotta buy it once...LOL....

sportycliff

Hey Screen!
What are you runnin' with the Dart?
I 've got short wheelbase '32 Bantam roadster turnin' 10.02/129 last year
hopin to get my license (AHRA) this year...

Cliff

Screenanator

Hey Screen!
What are you runnin' with the Dart?
I 've got short wheelbase '32 Bantam roadster turnin' 10.02/129 last year
hopin to get my license (AHRA) this year...

Cliff
It's a 526 Wedge...based on a 440 block..4.5 stroker crank....Childs and Albert Pro Series T/F rods... .650 lift 322@ .050 Roller....Indy -1 fully ported and polished heads....2.25 in 1.97 ex...1150 Dom fully preped...best so far... 9.38 @ 147 Mph....not too bad for a stock front suspension 3400lb car...LOL:thumb:

sportycliff

Ot

Ooops, meant IHRA:rolleyes: age is showing...
Very impressive, VERY expensive to go that fast with that weight, any breakage issues?