• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Mutoh smart card recharged

Techman

Some smart cards have a system or counters that turns off changing data.
They also have detectors that will brick the card if it senses tampering.

CheapVehicleWrap

These are valid serial numbers off NEW unused cards written to new cards. My printer stores cartridges it's used and will not use them again.

surf city

Recharged my first 1614 type 2 smart card today. Anybody know how to un-right protect a card after it's written to?

Rob, I would think that if you wrote to it once that it's already un-write protected and with the reader and the software you can re-write to it many times. Or are you sayin that once you write to it it self write-protects itself?

NZDR-Payne

Wraps - right from your website link "Once charged, a smart card cannot be reset again. Blank cards are needed every time."

This is why you need the blank cards over and over again.

gzolee

another soulition

there is a easy card and easy hub is interesting becouse on the photos it look like it can be a diy job for me simple pcb and basic chip. Can you please name the software or upload it somwhere and som details what are readable on the reader and card. If i can make it diy i do a tutorial, not becouse i dont want a smart card, becouse i run in troubless full cart and the nightmare message. Smart card freedom!!!

CheapVehicleWrap

there is a easy card and easy hub is interesting becouse on the photos it look like it can be a diy job for me simple pcb and basic chip. Can you please name the software or upload it somwhere and som details what are readable on the reader and card. If i can make it diy i do a tutorial, not becouse i dont want a smart card, becouse i run in troubless full cart and the nightmare message. Smart card freedom!!!

the software is server based as they have to control the distribution of the codes (which they get from scanning new cartridges).

Yes once written it write protects itself.

surf city

Is it cheaper to buy blank cards and charge them yourself versus buying pre-programmed cards? What are the advantages of being able to do it?