• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Post North Toronto

anotherdog

:Canada 2: Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a small design agency, Built up my business over the years. A large part of my business is printed vinyl. Finally thinking about how much easier it would be not to send it out. While I have some wide format experience I have no experience with solvent/vinyl. I look forward to picking over the collective wisdom.

Thank you in advance for making all those expensive mistakes I hope to avoid.

Al.
:thankyou:

Bigdawg

Just Me
Welcome anotherdog! I started with just a little design agency too. Since you have already been setting things up for print, that's a plus over some that go into color vinyl printing. What kind of or size machine are you looking at?

anotherdog

I'm looking at something around 54 inch. Solvent or Eco-solvent.
I have enough banner and adhesive work to justify my own machine and it would fit nicely in my basement/sign workshop.
I should post this as a question in one of the forums, but thie big question is Mutoh, Roland or Mimaki. Not just the machine but the support.

I'm betting there will be a lot of opinions on that one.:notworthy:

Ken

Welcome to S101 from beautiful BC.
I'd go with Eco solvent to eliminate the venting problems.
Cheers!

Ken

anotherdog

got to vent, even eco. I think eco just means you can smell it while it rots your brain.
Besides, I live above the workshop.

gabagoo

welcome from the 400 and Langstaff.

Take your time and really research a printer especially if it is going to be put in your home....fumes.