• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First shot at business card layout

rm25x

Added some rivots to the back to tie in with the logo.

Attachments

• glbc blue 2 sided 2.jpg
    glbc blue 2 sided 2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 81

TheSellOut

I like this one best of all the ones posted so far. I'd still go with a cleaner simpler font for the list and info though. To me, that was the best part about GG's. they are holding it in their hand. While they do need to get the phone number off of it quickly, the rest can be simple, understated with plenty of negative space. remember it's not a sign :) my 2cents

Completely Agree!

Another suggestion for the back would be to...take just the boat icon (like SignMe did in post 15) and have it in the background at like a 20% opacity!

Plus, may be it just looks different in the image, but make your contact info on the front the same blue as the Great Lakes lettering

rm25x

This one also may seem too crowded, but a different look anyways.

Attachments

• glbc blue 2 sided 4.jpg
    glbc blue 2 sided 4.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 82
  • glbc blue 2 sided 5.jpg
    glbc blue 2 sided 5.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

TheSellOut

Bottom Right! on the front I like what you did by making your name and website Roman and the number Bold, but you need to shrink the font sizes down a bit! Nice work!

I like the back with the addition of the boat, I just think the type is too big on the front. Not enough white space makes me not even want to read it, like when I see a 1,000-word paragraph in someone's post.

rm25x

Great suggestions guys, thanks a ton.

How does this look? Shrunk the font size down. 12pt on the back, name and number is 16pt and website is 14 pt. Font is Aldine 721 BT

Attachments

• glbc blue 2 sided 6.jpg
    glbc blue 2 sided 6.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 81

rm25x

Yep I have learned if you ask for help in a professional mannor, and can take constructive criticism you will get a great help from everyone on here.

Again thanks to everyone for their help.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
They may not be the best thing out there, but I think they are an improvement from where I started. Do you have a suggestion as to what you would do to design them? I am all ears :thumb:

I figure it will never going to be the best one out there... lame comment and not part of the criticism process.

Um, and I did give you a suggestion... research business cards.

--Here is another one... do not listen to everyone. Worst thing you can do is design by committee, I can design a killer card and show it to you, but you will be better off learning how to fish than me handing you one.

--Here is another one, start looking at typefaces that are not typical of a newbie sign maker (not calling you a newbie sign maker, but after years of looking at signmaker layouts, they lean toward a few select fonts, you are/were using them in the layouts) but more of a graphic designer.

--Here is another one, adding rivets to the design on a card may in your own mind carry over the concept, but how will it carry over to other things? Is anyone going to catch your "concept"

The card looks like a bad knock off of Heaths card.. Heaths is very nicely done. Yours seems off proportionally and cluttered and now the serif type gives it a disconnect.

rm25x

Points well taken. I will do some more research. I need to have these ready to go to print tomorrow though.

I was playing with a slightly different direction.

Second one has a font change, I think it looks better.

3rd is another different look based off something else I found while searching bing images.

4th is with the front page logo changed

Attachments

• glsd card 2 side 7.jpg
    glsd card 2 side 7.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 86
  • glsd card 2 side 8.jpg
    glsd card 2 side 8.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 65
  • glsd card 2 side 9.jpg
    glsd card 2 side 9.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 78
  • glsd card 2 side 10.jpg
    glsd card 2 side 10.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

signmeup

Your avatar and "logo" are signs. What I posted certainly needs work but I was trying to suggest you look at just using your logo. The back of the card you posted with just the boat is a big step in the right direction.

signmeup

Use the back you just posted (the last one on the right) for the front of your card. Type out your company name in a nice font and stick your laundry list on the back. Love the blue.

rm25x

I am thinking of maybe just sticking with a single sided card.

Attachments

• glsdsinglecard1.jpg
    glsdsinglecard1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 89
  • glsdsinglecard2.jpg
    glsdsinglecard2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

rm25x

Or 2 sided with a simple logo.

Attachments

• glsdsinglecard3.jpg