• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First stab at foam

J

john1

I used regular insulation foam board from Lowes. Could probably pick some up at almost any hardware store!

Yep, Lowes has it up to i think 1" thick and even a 4x8 of that is only $32

I can't find a hot knife ANYWHERE locally, Any tips?

JKADesigns

Good job!!!! I plan to do something like this soon haven't gotten to it though!!!! Thanks so much for posting!!!

Jillbeans

I would have liked to see the lettering in a nice ivory to inmitation gold fade, and the shoe painted more realistically. You could have made an outline of the shoe from PVC and then sandwiched it between the shoe and the background.

aandrews19

I would have liked to see the lettering in a nice ivory to inmitation gold fade, and the shoe painted more realistically. You could have made an outline of the shoe from PVC and then sandwiched it between the shoe and the background.
I would have liked to spend more time on the paint, but the main purpose of this was just to experience the entire process of working with the foam. Definitely good ideas, which I will keep in mind for the next one!

What about thicker material? I was contemplating making something with more thickness.

You can glue the boards together too if you need something thicker to work with. You can also find blocks of foam from various online suppliers.