• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flex Face question

Marlene

Long story short Marlene, While I don't know much about flex faces (other than the 2 i worked on years ago), I would say I've had
my hands on more electric sign cabinets in 3 years than you have ever. Perhaps I'm wrong? Again, I am not bosting, as my job was not a glorious one, but i may just be more qualified than you think.

brag all you want it and it only serves to make you sound like a hack. 3 whole years, impressive. still stand on my comment to not take the job. many come here asking for info that is clearly above their capabilities as it is a place to learn but few are as snotty about it as your posts have been. good luck as it seems you know it all and don't need the help.

Enola

Johnny, I was adopted at 5 but no slave labor involved.

Keep the meat I don't eat it. Not a pudding fan either.
Keep me in ice cream and coffee, and I'll love ya forever.

Marlene

Tex is the only one that picked up on quoting a poly face.
In all your experience marlene, would you say a flex face cabinet is the way to go?
The 2 hints were, NOT changed out regularly, and 2 ft tall.

another hint (again in all your experience), the flex face cabinet will be double the cost. But I'm sure you knew that already.
So dear, would my customer be further ahead going with you, selling them a flex face sign system?

did you ask your customer why they asked for a flex face?? most customers wouldn't know the difference so it may because it is the mall or landlord's requirement. I assumed that would be a question you would ask and had asked so no need to suggest poly carb since your vast experience would have covered the reasons for the request long before coming here.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Johnny, I was adopted at 5 but no slave labor involved.

Keep the meat I don't eat it. Not a pudding fan either.
Keep me in ice cream and coffee, and I'll love ya forever.

I think she likes you..... I think she loves you........ Johnny has a new girlfriend.... sitting in a tree.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
did you ask your customer why they asked for a flex face?? most customers wouldn't know the difference so it may because it is the mall or landlord's requirement. I assumed that would be a question you would ask and had asked so no need to suggest poly carb since your vast experience would have covered the reasons for the request long before coming here.

This is exactly what I meant in my earlier post. She hasn't the knowledge to ask the most obvious of questions of her customers, but comes here like a cow in a China Shop.

You see Miss Gay Tibbets, this is what we're all talking about. You might have a sharp tongue, but you have very dull business smarts. Perhaps you've damaged your brain from working on the assembly line soooo long. It's been said, things die off, if not used once in a while.

Enola

brag all you want it and it only serves to make you sound like a hack. 3 whole years, impressive. still stand on my comment to not take the job. many come here asking for info that is clearly above their capabilities as it is a place to learn but few are as snotty about it as your posts have been. good luck as it seems you know it all and don't need the help.

SignForumOCD also I see.
Marlene, you like Gino apparently don't have any knowledge to offer, on this subject anyways. I'm sure overall you are a more advanced, well rounded sign person than myself, but twisting the things i've said is starting to make you sound foolish.
I've clearly admitted my shortcomings, so I don't understand the "brag" comment.
Sorry you're offfended.

BTW, its 4 years. Then another 6 on my own (not braggin. just a hack. I mean fact) : )

So much for conversation. In the same amount of time as I've spent responding to you, I have samples of frames coming from 3 manufacturers.
All of which said for this application, and knowing all the facts, to not waste the money on flex frame.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
SignForumOCD also I see.
Marlene, you like Gino apparently don't have any knowledge to offer, on this subject anyways. I'm sure overall you are a more advanced, well rounded sign person than myself, but twisting the things i've said is starting to make you sound foolish.
I've clearly admitted my shortcomings, so I don't understand the "brag" comment.
Sorry you're offfended.

BTW, its 4 years. Then another 6 on my own (not braggin. just a hack. I mean fact) : )

So much for conversation. In the same amount of time as I've spent responding to you, I have samples of frames coming from 3 manufacturers.

All of which said for this application, and knowing all the facts, to not waste the money on flex frame.

Which is exactly what we all said. :banghead: Why, oh why do you keep looking for an answer which doesn't exist ?? Are you that obtuse on purpose ??

I don't know your problem, but you won't get far around this sandbox, so perhaps you could try peddling your wares where you might be needed and feel more wanted.

Enola

They own the building.
Not too hard to figure out. They got a quote before calling me.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
If you don't respond directly to Gino you'll keep your sanity. SignFourmsOCD big time. I post a question about Texas licensing law figuring only sign people in Texas who have knowledge of it would feel the need to respond. Not some sign HACK from Pennsylvania...haha!

Enola

Which is exactly what we all said. :banghead: Why, oh why do you keep looking for an answer which doesn't exist ?? Are you that obtuse on purpose ??

Texas Signmaker is the only one to say that.
You didn't give any useful advice. Only now, when others have made the correct answer evident, do you chime in like you "knew it all along" .
I get it, you want to sound important and live up to that post count, but to chime in after others told you the answer is laughable.
Don't take credit for nothing.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you don't respond directly to Gino you'll keep your sanity. SignFourmsOCD big time. I post a question about Texas licensing law figuring only sign people in Texas who have knowledge of it would feel the need to respond. Not some sign HACK from Pennsylvania...haha!

Got that right, Tex. :thumb:

You did about the same as this OP did. You just blurted out some dim-witted question and don't know the answer when it hits you square in the face.

I don't understand why this site is suddenly attracting so many misfits and simpleminded thin skinned wannabees ?? Perhaps you can explain it since you seem to be highly qualified in that department.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
There is a common denominator to your problem Gino. The owner of this site would prob. make more $$$ if he got rid of the "cancer". Ill buy out his subscription.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Texas Signmaker is the only one to say that.
You didn't give any useful advice. Only now, when others have made the correct answer evident, do you chime in like you "knew it all along" .
I get it, you want to sound important and live up to that post count, but to chime in after others told you the answer is laughable.
Don't take credit for nothing.

Au contraire Miss Gay Tibbets. Check out #13 and you'll see I was basically the first one to point it out and why, but in your advanced skills of comprehension, you totally overlooked it..... or just can't read English. I actually said, your customer was just throwing out terms and you were too stupid to cut them off at that point and correct them. So, you just went on this wild goose chase and found it all out 3 or 4 times over. Admit it..... you and your compadre Tex, are two of the shortest fuses here.

:readthread:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There is a common denominator to your problem Gino. The owner of this site would prob. make more $$$ if he got rid of the "cancer". Ill buy out his subscription.

No, I just extra time on my hands today. Have a lotta projects in progress and everything has been ordered in advance and we're either working on what's been going on or waiting for other supplies to come in, but none the less, I call the shots, so I can goof off...... and this place seems the best place to be a goof, lately.

Odd that you should talk about cancer. I just got a phone call Saturday, that my cousin passed away. You're such a sensitive and warm dear. Thanks for the sentiments. :u rock:

Enola

you read post 9, and changed the presentation and now taking credit?

Let me guess, you skimmed over #9 and didn't read it, so essentially you came up with the correct answer all by yourself?

ooookay.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
you read post 9, and changed the presentation and now taking credit?

Let me guess, you skimmed over #9 and didn't read it, so essentially you came up with the correct answer all by yourself?

ooookay.

You are really equipped to be on your own. You can see your comprehension skills are lacking in this entire thread, with your customer and now with this latest excuse.

Hey Tibetts... have fun. You're doing great in your little world up there. Keep up the good work, I think I'm done fueling this foolishness, unless you call me out again..... or your sidekick, Tex.