• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Flexi 10 settings

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try going into Flexi and open the default job properties for the cutter. A window will pop up with 3 tabs and 1 should look like a blade. Click on that one and you should see options for resolution and curve quality. Make sure the resolution is set to 1016 steps per inch and the curve quality is set to high.

Alicia Zee

Try going into Flexi and open the default job properties for the cutter. A window will pop up with 3 tabs and 1 should look like a blade. Click on that one and you should see options for resolution and curve quality. Make sure the resolution is set to 1016 steps per inch and the curve quality is set to high.

Hi VanderJ ~ thank you for your input on this! I'm just now home from work and school(10pm), but will be trying this first thing tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,
Alicia Z

2ny

Hi.
I think this must be driver related, or a setting in "Default Job Properties" for the driver. There is a "send arc commands" under the settings. You can access the properties in the "Cut/Plot" window on your upper left hand where it says "Properties", or directly in your Production Manager. You may try this to see if you get any difference. You could also compare settings with your friend in NC to see if there are any differences between your set up.
Good luck.

Best regards
Tony

mark galoob

It may be driver related. But that doesn’t explain what’s happening within flexi.

To answer your question turning a bitmap into a vector in flexi turns it into a flexi created vector. If your flexi created vector won’t cut correctly you have a much bigger issue and will prob need to reload or call flexi and let them diagnose for you. That would be cheaper in the long run than having to let fastsigns see who your customers are. But I have to do this occasionaly as a work around. And it always solves my issues. It mostly happens w ai files though or bad customer created artwork.

I never use wireframe I don’t care for it, I just type the text out and send it to the cutter. If it’s a true type font it will behave just like any other vecto and if you want to print and cut you just create a contour cut around it bada bing bada boom...

It’s really all about how you can work around the halts and stops you encounter.

M