• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 19 Zund Corrupt Cut Lines

pstrwks

I recently switched to flexi (19) because the onyx upgrade is extortion.
The Cut integration with the Zund Cut-centre was seamless in Onyx.
Flexi makes a complete mess of the nested cut files and support is not helping much. Has any one experience these kind of errors.
Flexi PM 19 is clearly generating wrong cut lines. I can be seen as wrong in the cut que preview of the file.
Nested jobs are a particular nightmare.
I have been sent a Flexi 12 Demo to see if the problem is evident in V12. still testing...

ProPDF

Flexi makes a complete mess of the nested cut files and support is not helping much. Has any one experience these kind of errors.
Flexi PM 19 is clearly generating wrong cut lines. I can be seen as wrong in the cut que preview of the file.
I have been sent a Flexi 12 Demo to see if the problem is evident in V12. still testing...

Yes we did have problems with Flexi 19 and the formation of proper cut files/crop marks. Our issues were Flexi 19 would not create crop marks for Optiscout and we couldn't even get to the point where cutting using 19 was an option cause there WERE NO CROP MARKS being created via Flexi 19. Your problem sounds different then ours but just as a heads up there are issues with cut file creation using Zund machines with Flexi 19 and Flexi has refused to do anything about it. Flexi 19 will render a six figure machine useless with the 19 upgrade. We did switch back to 12 and everything is fine again. I personally think it's driver issue and you might be able to try and insert "i-cut marks" in flexi designer in 19 from the drop down menu...but we don't have time for that. 12 works and prints better.

Here is a link to our post about the issues.
https://signs101.com/threads/flexi-19-issue-no-optiscout-regmarks-barcode.153570/

pstrwks

Thanks. Not very reassuring. I have just run a quick test on a nested job in Flexi 12. The Print and Cut files do not match, one small shift is all it take to render the job a mess. - I am going to try some of the other Zund drivers and see if the S series will do any better.

HulkSmash

I HONESTLY hate to say this because i agree with you on ONYX and even caldera. We've put ~20k into caldera, and they release and update every year that's like 2500$ and all the update is, is a hot fix of their previous version. It's honestly a scam.. but we're forced to use it.

on that note... we are ACTUALLY forced to use it because Flexi is absolute GARBAGE when it comes to grandformat printing and digital finishers.

Good luck man.

collegekrap

Get Zund to give you a Prep Center demo.

greysquirrel

Did a full version of Flexi recently become eligible for a lifetime of free upgrades recently? I can appreciate the frustration when it comes time to upgrading...noone likes to pay money for software. Honestly, I would never defend Caldera. I am Mac guy and think their rip is terribly layered. These products are consistently being upgraded and updated to add printers, features and stay current with OS and Adobe changes. Onyx cost1k er year to stay current and that includes remote support. You can get it without support I think for $899. You are running the most expensive router on the market and you just added maybe the worst rip for color.
And to top it off, Onyx just released trufit that was specifically designed for smart nesting, double sided printing, adding cut lines to vector and raster files automatically with bleed....its 2k....Esko has a similar piece of software that they sell for $6500.