• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 7.62

Samm

Okay...so in light of my problem of Flexi v's Creation (yes - I am now sourcing a better cutter but in the meantime will have to make do!!)

Can anyone enlighten me to any possible adjustments that I can make in Flexi which will make up for Creations uselessness? (It cant seem to remember where it starts letters, therefore stops about a mm short making weeding h*ll!!!)

Something along the lines of an over-write function or something?

Also something that may help to sharpen the edges, my 5yo daughter can cut a line straighter than this machine!! (t's look Shocking)

TIA!!!
xSam

iSign

can you show us a photo?

"offset" is a little used adjustment that isn't used much because one setting often stays correct for a long time for general purpose cutting.

I believe 2 of the symptoms of needing adjustment are corners not closing well, & corners having a wavy line, not a sharp corner.

I think that it has to do with the angle on the blade, & the fact that only one point on that angle is directly below the center of the blade shaft.

On thicker material, the point on the angled blade where the cutting of the top surface occurs will be different then on thin material.

When the computer tells the blade to cut 2 lines that join at a point, it only knows for certain where the center of the blade shaft is... but it can't know what angle blade is in there , or how thick the material is, so we are given an "offset" adjustment capability.

Samm

Thanks for this insight.

I tried to get a clear photo of the problem but it is damn near impossible to get in close enough without daylight, will have another crack at it tomorrow.

But I've got to admit, Totally clueless here, I guess the Big test will be tomorrow, I have the colours required for hubby's new business arriving, I'll start cutting on a much larger scale, will see how it goes!

Watch this space.....

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You didn't seem to understand my previous suggestion in your other thread.

Your problem is almost certainly based in your offset setting and/or the degree of the blade you are using. The offset setting in most plotters is located in the plotter firmware and is adjusted from the plotter keypad ... not from within your Flexi software.

Look for the adjustment there.

Samm

My apologies Fred, after posting here again I remembered what you'd said in the other thread.

You'll have to forgive my scatterbrain, apart from the problems mentioned here, we are going through the process of opening hubby's new business which has kept me going until all hours, add kids to that equation and I'm one worn out person!!

45 deg blade from memory. Too scared to fiddle any more of the cutter settings.

I'll see how things are looking when I start cutting tomorrow and will report back then :)

Samm

Thanks for that! I've had a look this morning, there is nothing that indicates the degree, all I know is that it Isnt a 60!!

Off blade shopping now :)

Samm

Pity I hadnt found this place before I went and got that cutter!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel like a right royal idiot now!!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Have you looked for the offset setting in the plotter?

In any swivel knife system, the point of the blade is slightly off center. This is required for it to work. The amount it is off center is, in effect, an error that must be corrected or compensated for by the plotter. This is what the offset adjustment controls.

If it is too far one way, then you will get bumps on square corners. Too far the other way and rounding off as well as uneven stroke widths will be seen. Off in either direction will produce either too much overcut at the start end point or will result in what you are experiencing ... unclosed start end points. The amount of offset correction needed will vary with the angle (expressed in degrees) of the blade being used, the thickness of the vinyl, and dozens of other factors.

Find the control and adjust it to different settings doing small test cuts as you go and you will fix the problem in all liklihood in about 3 to 5 minutes.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Open up your production manager select your plotter and right click it.
From the options select "Default Job Properties"
Select the 3rd Icon from the left that looks like a quill (cut option)
Knife offset option is just about in the middle of that box.
Make it active and send some tests to the plotter.
Adjust and see if you can get the results you are looking for.

wayne k
guam usa

Samm

Well I'll be!!!!

Fred...Wayne...:U Rock:

It took 3 to 5 seconds!!!

Blade offset was at 0.5800, looked too high even for my liking. Took it down to 0.3, best cut I've had yet. Gone from a mm of weed pain to a V fine hair pain, if any at all. Corners on the t's especially, and all else, were sharp and perfect.

Tried 0.2 and 0.25 but the 0.3 is Definately the best.

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:
xSam

Samm

Understatement....my butt is dragging on the ground!!!!

I "thought" that I'd be able to poach back the odd past client or two...word has gotten around and OMG!!

Hubby is constantly asking me why we bothered with the ty(i)re shop - we're making more from the sign side of things, without even advertising the fact LOL

Thumbs up all round :D:D:D

Samm

and FYI...the damn machine aint doin' half bad!! Got a purty Roland on the way tho...YAYYY!!!