• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8.1 cannot find hardware key

tattoo.dan

I am trying to install a version of flexi that came with a printer a bought a while back on a new computer I built. I have the usb dongle and the numbers on it match the paperwork in the box, but when I try to open flexi it says it cannot find the hardware key that matches the password. Any ideas?

randya

We recently had an issue with a Dell laptop that gave the same error.
I think we ended up replacing it with a different model Dell that had no issue.

We suspect that it was something in the bios that would not allow it to recognize the dongle as a proper usb device.

So, I am with jhill, get the latest dongle drivers for your OS.
And you might want to check for the latest bios.

thewood

What OS are you running? You may need to download a driver for the dongle that is compatible with the OS.

Steph_Stamm

yeah, that is the dongle i am using. i installed that update and still getting that error. :banghead:
It looks like you did everything right by downloading the driver. However, Flexi 8.1 was released 5+ years ago and isn't compatible with Windows Vista or 7. You may be able to tinker with it, but your best bet may be to upgrade the software.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
SAI has a utility - getkeyid or something. I will post a link to it in a moment. I suspect your key is just not identifying right. I had the exact same issue and it turned out the key just decided to go blank on me. Cost me $125 for a new key...

The screenshot below is a clean install of 8.1v1 working just fine on Windows 7 x64 that I just made. I did not do anything special, just installed it normally like any other program. It works just fine...

I will PM you to get you the key id program.

Attachments

• fson7.jpg
    fson7.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,761
Last edited:

thewvsignguy

Had the same problem when installing 8.1 on a vista machine, it's a no go and will not work. 4 years ago when vista came out sai did not have updates or fixes other then upgrading to the 8.5 version. As I remember only 8.5/6 will work with vista not sure about 7 but I would guess it will not work either. Try it on a XP machine and see if that works.

choucove

I can tell you from experience (as we had 5 Windows 7 x64 computer systems at our shop running Flexi 8.1 for three months without install errors, crashes, or real issues, until we did decide to upgraded software) that Flexi version 8.1 WILL work on Windows Vista and Windows 7. It is, however, not SUPPORTED meaning that if you call in to SAi or any of their resellers the only help they will give you is, "Give us more $$$ to upgrade your software and then we'll talk to you."

Just as Sightline post above, there are a lot of people out on the forums that have tried and have almost unanimously succeeded in installing and running Flexi 8.1 in Windows Vista or Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit. The ONLY thing that we had problems with when running Flexi 8.1 on a Windows 7 computer system was it would not recognize a firewire output port option to do digital printing to our Mimaki JV3 printer. If you use a firewire-driven printer or plotter device, this is the only issue that I have heard people have real issues with. Those that have had issues were simply told "It's not compatible, upgrade or else" and didn't find the actual fix (which is usually due to finding the right version of your HASP key dongle driver).

Edserv

Sorry I didn't read through all the threads above, so someone may have already offered this: I just bought Flexi 10 software and I was instructed to go to:
http://www.saintl.biz/reg/
But I ran into a few twists, as we had already registered and SAI didn't send a new password. So I waited two days and re-registered under my wife's name (new email/address, same legal information). And I was FINALLY rewarded with my new registration password.
If this doesn't work, not sure what to tell you. One time our main production cpu crashed and I got no where with trying to get support, but luckily, our designer fixed it! But we do LOVE Flexi 8.6 and 10 (so far!)
good luck!
Edserv
Lets Go Banners

timkaz227

Started having same issue w/ my dongle(always makes me laugh). Download driver for Mac 10.x.x. worked like a charm. Didn't know those things had drivers. Scanvec's website sucks for tech support.

:thankyou:

Wes Phifer

I just put 8.1v1 on a Windows 7 machine. It seems to work fine but production manager is not seeing the available ports. I am just hooking up a plotter. It was on a lpt1 on my xp machine. I have an available serial but Flexi does not see it. Device manager sees and says is working. Any ideas?

CS-SignSupply

Most instance I have run with windows 7, Flexi 8.0,8.1 and sometimes 8.5 won't find ports or even connect to production manager properly. Official word is Flexi 8.6 and Flexi 10 are windows 7 compatible.

Slim49

I am having a problem with ver 8.1 grabbing all items on screen when I 1x on a single item.
also, the 1st 2 items will "white out" after I import a bitmap. the will show when 1x'ed on . but otherwise are out of sight.
any help?
Steve
lips At fuse Dot net