• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi / Caldera?

koz

Does anyone know if you can take a print and cut file that was made in Flexi and print it with Caldera?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I don't think it will take a native Flexi file but if you export it as an EPS or PDF, it should work like a charm.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Most RIPs these days use the standard CutContour spot color to designate the cut path which is exactly how Flexi does it when you use the contour tool. So if you want to be sure, ask Caldera if they support that setup which I am assuming they do because pretty much all of the major RIPs do.

• Agree
Reactions: koz

ChrisN

Yeah you can export artwork as a PDF with standard Flexi CutContour colors, and Caldera should recognize that right out of the box. I do it all the time.

bannertime

Since I like making list.
  1. Export in Flexi and choose PDF.
  2. Make sure "Suppress Options" is NOT checked. Click Save.
  3. Select "Full Size"
  4. Uncheck "Downsample..."
  5. Uncheck "Include Border..."
  6. Check "Include Contour Cut Paths" (if this option is not present then you don't have contour paths in the file or they aren't selected)
  7. Click Okay.
The pdf file will have the contour paths setup with the typical contour cut naming convention that will work in most RIPs.

For Production Manager users: this is actually a more robust way of importing contour cut files into Production Manager. You can nest multiple contour jobs inside PM instead of setting it up in Flexi. PM will create the cut file with the proper marks. I typically just export right into my PM hot folder to make it faster.

FrankW

It will work. Flexi internally doesn‘t manage cut contours by colour name, but when using the cut contour tool, it defaults to a contour colour which is correctly named for use in third party rips. If unsure, you could select a spot color named „CutContour“ in the design centrals color chooser while applying a cut contour.

If exporting to PDF, be shure to uncheck „surpress options“ and look if the export of contour lines is enabled or not.

jimdtg

Does anyone know if you can take a print and cut file that was made in Flexi and print it with Caldera?

I don't think Caldera can open FlexiSIGN's .fs file format. I must export your design to .EPS or .PDF is best way that can be used with other programs.