Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi Font Question.

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by cOrKinSA, Jan 18, 2007.

1. cOrKinSA

cOrKinSA Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2006
    I just recieved FlexiSign Pro to add to my laptop and noticed Eurostile was not a font on it. So I went back to my Desktop and did a search to see what folders it would be in. when I found it in the C:\Program Files\FlexiSIGN-PRO 7.6v2\Program\fonts I noticed SOME fonts without an extension that I never used. Well that promted me back to looking in the same folder on my laptop and found ALL the fonts in that same folder folder without extensions. Thinking it was my lack of knowledge for installations I took a drive to my friends Sign shop and found his folder with the same unknown font extension. Am I missing something here?
    :help:

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    they are not activated...

3. gROUND cHUCK

gROUND cHUCK Member

Jun 10, 2005
    What was the unknown extension?

For the ones that you can't see the extension,
    Open up "My Computer" and from the top menu click on tools/Folder Options.
    Then click on the View tab, scroll down to "Hide extentions for known filetypes."
    and make sure it's not checked. See if that helps......

4. cOrKinSA

cOrKinSA Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2006
    The versions of flexi have been activated. Thats what confuses me.
    As far as the folder option settings, That was one of the first things I did to try and figure out what extensions they were but there was no ".xxx" type and non of them opened when I added the common ".TTF" or ".FON".

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I double clicked one and it launched Adobe Illustrator CS2. I then opened one in Wordpad and the header is the same or similar to an Illustrator AI or EPS file followed by copyright information about the font. It then shifts to machine code.

My guess is that these are fonts licensed for limited use only with Flexi from one or more of the major type manufacturers.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  6. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    try adding back on an exxtension and see if it will coem back..

7. lilb93

lilb93 Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Coal country USA
    If you have Flexi pro there should be a font disc that you can load. There are a ton of them on it.. It will say fonts and graphics.