• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Freeze when trying to print

SignProPlus-Chip

Ok, here is the deal, when I try to print in the current version of Flexi (I'm talking just printing to our laser printer for a proof), Flexi freezes and is unrecoverable. It's not the printer as I can print from any other application. Keep in mind, all I am doing is hitting the print icon on the top tool bar, so the print dialog box isn't even opening.

Yes, I uninstalled and re-installed Flexi.

Any ideas what may be wrong?

SignProPlus-Chip

Doubtful, Just stopped working in the middle of the day, no updates or new items installed, and still prints from every other program.

floater302

I bet flexi is corrupted, I think i read your version is 10? if so you can try to upgrade to 12 and see if that works, if not you know what you have to do.

SignProPlus-Chip

Nope,

I have flexi on 3 systems here, this is the only one that suddenly stopped working. Memory shouldn't be any issue, as this happens when you simply press the print icon on the tool bar, it's not even getting as far as to spool the data to print to our Dell Laser. Besides I think 24 gig of RAM should suffice.

Maybe you could try it on another computer with more memory or upgrade your current memory.

Snydo

Windows print spooler service can get weird sometimes. One thing worth trying:
(copied from google)
Start the Print Spooler service from the Services console. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK. Right-click the Print Spooler service, and then click Stop. Right-click the Print Spooler service, and then click Start.