Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi Pro 7.62 drama? Creation PC630

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Samm, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Samm

Samm Very Active Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Hi!

Thought I would try here and see if anyone can enlighten me.

Firstly, I've been peeking around the site, heaps of great info and work :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Yup, I'm a tight one, using my old Flexi pro and a cheaper cutter (Creation PC630) - that could very well be my problem! Cutter supplier says no, a few setting adjustments and you'll be fine.

What my problem is, letters arent closing when cutting, therefore leaving about a 1mm bit which I have to cut by hand. If I just weed away - it leaves a mess. Especially on fine work. Also square edges on letters, shapes etc, are Slightly rounded, inside and out.

Hubby says he cant see a thing, that it looks great, he can only see when I point it out, a blind man wouldnt even notice, but it Really annoys me!!!

I have tried everything I can think of, blade height adjustment, speed, pressure, vinyl quality - all the same problem.

The cutter supplier suggested that I make some adjustments in Flexi, (he mentioned angle sharpness and 'close') but seriously, apart from the obvious that is under my nose, I cant find anything remotely close to what he has suggested!!!!

Has anyone else use/d this setup? If anyone can please possibly enlighten me I'd be Very appreciative!!

TIA!:thankyou:
    xSam

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Sounds like you need to adjust the blade offset amount at the plotter. What degree blade are you using?

3. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    New blade for Plotter or take out and clean the blade . . .

Bad cutting strip on plotter . . .

not enough cutting force on plotter or blade height not adjusted correctly . . .

I would check all of these things before messing around in Flexi !

Good Luck !

4. mladams7259

mladams7259 Very Active Member

Sep 7, 2006
    I agree with fred, Probably your knife offset.

5. Samm

Samm Very Active Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Thanks for the suggestions :) I was just probing further into this site rather than doing Real work ;) and found the thread on Creation...seems it Can be a problem with them due to lack of memory - sounds like my MIL LOL

The suggestions for fixing are to make an overcut, I'll have to investigate and see if flexi has this option.

The retailer of the creation said that it works well with Flexi, and also included Artcut (which wont even start up on my puter grrrr) and some other crap to which I could achieve better results giving my 5yo a pair of scissors!! so back to the drawing board...will post if I ever find a solution!!

Thanks again!
    xSam

6. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    make them tell you how tis done. If they can't then send it all back. Screw them making every one else be their tech support.

7. Samm

Samm Very Active Member

Mar 12, 2007
    That's the best suggestion I've heard in a while!:thumb: