• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi pro 8.1 questions - total noob

LongBeachCoupe

i just got flexi pro 8.1 and i have no idea how it works does anyone have any tips or know of any online tutorials i can check out ive used photoshop and illustrator but i am completely new to any kind of softwear like this

Gordy Saunders

Just dive in and start playing with it, thats what I did. You'll figure things out. Unless you've forgotten how to play. Many of us have.

Capital Signs

Isnt the program just a bit MORE expensive??? I think they are worth the investment. If this is what you do to make money, than at least I feel that you need to invest in yourself in training. If you truly believe in yourself, you will...

Vinylman

Flexi 8.1

Is it just me????:banghead:

You come here asking "how do I run a program" that you "just purchased"?

Am I the only one who wonders what the "H-LL" are you paying for when you buy one of the BIG DOLLAR sign programs, and you get NO TRAINING from the selling merchants?:frustrated:

If this program is a legal dongle version from a merchant, why are you buying this and not DEMANDING training as part of the deal?

Why is it that people buy these programs, and then expect others to take time to train them in basic program set up?

What the heck are the selling merchants responsible for? Just picking up the check at the time of sale?

I am NOT against helping out someone who may have a question or problem with a program that they have, {that is why I am a Letterhead} But some people seem to always be looking for a free ride on the "Learning Curve Express".
I have spent the last 30 plus years learning my craft, by reading manuals, studying course materials, and following the occasional tutorials I have purchased to try to master the programs I work with every day.

I have attended many extension courses and learned at the elbow of a hand lettering mentor.

I am ALWAYS learning! As are most of the professionals here and else where. It is what we do to become better and better at our chosen profession.

Many newbs' seem to want to leap frog to the front of the line without the bumps and bruises that go with the learning.:noway:

Sorry for the rant...

Oh Hell, no I'm Not!:rolleyes:

warlind

If you are more confident w/ photoshop you can change the view to look like photoshop in Flexi - may help you a bit.

LongBeachCoupe

Vinylman... i find your post to be offensive.

A forum is ALL ABOUT jumping the "learning curve"

Its not my fault you learned in a different era, but the purpose of the internet, and a SIGNMAKERS forum for that matter is to HELP others, or to LEARN... apparently you are so skilled you dont need to learn anymore....

and your bitterness prevents you from helping others.

Glad to see your proud of your obnoxious sized post ranting on how your "old school".

S

Sign-Man Signs

I don't know dude. You spent about 4 grand and a few hundred dollars more for the dvd's is to much? I think Vinylman may have a point. Members here will help you out but starting fresh ain't happening. Crap it's a hard program to use but worth the money unless you're a die hard Corel Junkie. Buy the dvd's and press on brother.

LongBeachCoupe

Just wondering what you will be using the software for. Are you a sign company?

I am starting it as a hobby (not that im taking it lightly, its just that i am doing this out of genuine interest in making custom work) and if i am lucky enough to be able to amass enough business that it is worth full time, so be it.

I don't know dude. You spent about 4 grand and a few hundred dollars more for the dvd's is to much? I think Vinylman may have a point. Members here will help you out but starting fresh ain't happening. Crap it's a hard program to use but worth the money unless you're a die hard Corel Junkie. Buy the dvd's and press on brother.

True, im going to probably pick them up... damn it, why doesnt blockbuster carry these!

Im really having issues getting the software to work right though, my plotter (i know its a cheap chinese one) seiki 870T isnt in the 8.1 supported list....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Rather than condemn someone who voiced a very legitimate annoyance, why don’t you try to catch more flies with sugar water than vinegar ??

You’re never gonna get the kind of help you want if you…. the one posting the questions…. starts dictating how you want your return answers and then flame people that already know the answers to what you’re asking.

How many times in school did a teacher say what is this and that… and if you gave the wrong answer did he ask you nicely why didn’t you study better or didn’t anyone want to help you with your homework OR did he just plain go on to the next kid for the correct answer and flunk you ??

Learning is a two-way street, but getting pissy towards the teacher will never help you. Could Vinyl have worded it differently or handled it with more delicate words as to not hurt your feelings ?? I suppose so, but why should he put on the kids gloves for your benefit ?? Again, you’re the one coming in and inquiring and then copping an attitude because you still can’t do the fundamental things. It’s kind of putting the cart before the horse. It doesn’t help to be rude, if you haven’t paid one ounce of dues yet. Speaking for myself, I’ve paid dues for almost forty years and if I’m coming across too brash…. too bad. I have good days and bad days and I don’t have to let you know when they occur for a nice answer.
If you wanna ask if I can supply you with a product or wash my car for me…. I’ll be very cordial for you. :thankyou:
I just found out earlier….. ask, and ye shall receive, but it might take some time……. all good things do. :bushmill:

LongBeachCoupe

Rather than condemn someone who voiced a very legitimate annoyance, why don’t you try to catch more flies with sugar water than vinegar ??

You’re never gonna get the kind of help you want if you…. the one posting the questions…. starts dictating how you want your return answers and then flame people that already know the answers to what you’re asking.

How many times in school did a teacher say what is this and that… and if you gave the wrong answer did he ask you nicely why didn’t you study better or didn’t anyone want to help you with your homework OR did he just plain go on to the next kid for the correct answer and flunk you ??

Learning is a two-way street, but getting pissy towards the teacher will never help you. Could Vinyl have worded it differently or handled it with more delicate words as to not hurt your feelings ?? I suppose so, but why should he put on the kids gloves for your benefit ?? Again, you’re the one coming in and inquiring and then copping an attitude because you still can’t do the fundamental things. It’s kind of putting the cart before the horse. It doesn’t help to be rude, if you haven’t paid one ounce of dues yet. Speaking for myself, I’ve paid dues for almost forty years and if I’m coming across too brash…. too bad. I have good days and bad days and I don’t have to let you know when they occur for a nice answer.
If you wanna ask if I can supply you with a product or wash my car for me…. I’ll be very cordial for you. :thankyou:
I just found out earlier….. ask, and ye shall receive, but it might take some time……. all good things do. :bushmill:

I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from, and that you are "schooling" me... Idk im a member of several other forums one of which I am a moderator, and i just felt like i was being attacked for being new. But if someone "has the answers" i thought thats what this forum is for, to share the answers...

I thought that there WOULD be a "learning curve express" or something of that nature, i thought the forums would/could provide more education...

I apologize for being and or coming off rude, it was not intended, sometimes tone is lost over the internet.

FYI if anyone has any mechanical car problems, or is looking for advice in finance, ill "help you jump the learning curve" as best i can.

johnny_loves_amy

For Gods sake, all longbeach did was ask for a tip and if anyone knew where to get tutorials from. Then Vinyl man went really off the charts. Why is there a forum if a person cant ask a question without the all knowing (or thinking) Vinyl sign god chewing him a new one.. Some of the ppl on here are a** holes. I bought my software and had many questions after I watched tutorials. I would rather ask someone ( or group) who can answer the EXACT question I asked. Hey Vinylman, quit acting like the schoolyard bully, or capt of the football team who's too cool for freshman..God forgive this is a forum for EVERYONE, not just the "old pros". That was a highschool reply you made. I am amazed at how freaking angry I am right now.. And by the way... I was the one in school who stopped the A-holes from tormenting kids. Sorry we aint as cool as you, all knowing "SIGN GOD". If you dont wanna see the questions ppl ask, or forget to take your emo meds.............Hey, dont get on the freakin site.. The nerve of some ppl..HE ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION FOR GODS SAKE. Is that a crime? Sorry if I offended anyone, but I hate to see ppl put down for nothing. (the only dumb question, is the one you dont ask). Thats my story, and I am sticking to it......

Sign Works

Far be it from me to point out the obvious but lets evaluate the situation for a moment, you need help using the program, did you try clicking on the HELP menu?

Welcome to your programs "USER MANUAL" now start reading.:thumb:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey johnny_........

Get something straight….. :doh:

Forum

fo·rum (fôr'əm, fōr'-) Pronunciation Key
n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôr'ə, fōr'ə)

• The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
    • A public meeting place for open discussion.
    • A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.
  1. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
  2. A court of law; a tribunal.
Where do you see that this is a place to come and get free information because you’re too frickin’ lazy or stupid to figure something out on your own like the rest of us did ?? Anyone here that has knowledge or input on ANYTHING will gladly share with someone that asks and doesn’t come into the conversation totally empty-handed and looking for handouts or a SMART mouth.
You mentioned about being angry…. it’s more like you don’t understand from your past experiences of knocking out the playground bullies that you seem to still want to get into fights that don’t need your misinterpretation. By the sound of your tone here…. you must’ve been in 10th grade taking on 4th grade bullies…. You are the man….!!
I hear the recess bell…. Go get’em tiger……… :supersmilie:

johnny_loves_amy

Gino, How in Gods name did he dictate how he wanted his answer. He was very polite in his manner of asking. Allright, he brings nothing to the table. Big freakin deal. He has a general want to learn. Forgive everyone for not having the $$ or resources to obtain the tutorials. He said he was just getting into it. Maybe when he learns, he wont have the same nasty attitude as some unnamed people, and actually bless people with knowledge he has gained with no want of anything back. I would help anyone out at any time and not think twice about it. Sorry, maybe everyone not a sign god should get off here. Sounds like you want to be the signs 101 police...LOL LOL LOL

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nope, not the police. Just stop trolls such as yourself from ruining threads and therefore the intent and meaning of this place and the industry as a whole.

You still don't get it. :covereyes: The OP here has acknowledged their part in this thread and have taken responsibility, but you seem to want to stir things up and start a playground fight where there is none brooding nor needed.

Therefore, your nonsense is just that.... NONSENSE. Not really practical here. Why don't you go bully someone on one of your other forums or go pull your sister's hair ?? :clapping: