• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Pro 8.6 Upgrade Freezes On Launch

phototec

Having a real bad day, I finally picked a day (Saturday 9-18-10) to install new FlexiSign Pro 8.6 upgrade I purchased in August.

After uninstalling the old 8.1 version, I put the 8.6 DVD in the computer, went thru all the different screens and registering the software on-line, after on-line registration, I was sent an email with a code to reprogram the dongle.

Now when I launch the software, the launch screen comes up, but then when the application starts loading all you can see in the boarder frame (blank in the center, you can see the desktop thru the frame), than in the lower left corner of the frame you can see the loading progress loading fonts, plug-ins, then when it gets to the ADOBE PLUG-IN FOLDER APP.EXE, the application stops loading and freezes, at the top left corner of the empty application frame, it says NOT RESPONDING.

This is really bad, I can't get the NEW FLEXISIGN PRO 8.6 to run, and don't know if I can go back and install the old version 8.1 now that the dongle has be re-coded?.

As part of the loading process, I already registered the FlexiSign Pro 8.6 software on-line, so I'm afraid to un-install and try to install again, don't know what will happen?

I'm really stumped and not very happy with this upgrade purchase at all. It is NOT working, what do I do to fix this and get the application to run?

What should I do at this point?

Thanks for any HELP:frustrated:

LittleSnakey

I had the same problem with the latest upgrade, had to go nack to sp1 build number 1437.
I use xp64 on a amd phenom processer.

phototec

I had the same problem with the latest upgrade, had to go nack to sp1 build number 1437.
I use xp64 on a amd phenom processer.

I don't follow, are you saying you had to go back Service Pack 1 for XP64, and then the Flexi 8.6 worked?

Or, did you have to reinstall Flexi 8.6?

During the install and registration process, SAi sent me an email with a code theat updated the dongle for the 8.6 from 8.1, Do you think I can un-install the 8.6 and re-install the 8.1 version and the dongle will still work?

I'm XP Home Edition SP3, the 8.1 version was working until I uninstaleld it and installed the 8.6 upgrade.

phototec

If this was an upgrade to 8.6 . . . Why would you have uninstalled 8.1 ?

That's a good question, my only answer is that it is common practice to remove old software prior to installing new software.

All I received was a DVD in the mail, that said on the DVD, SAi Production Suite, Flexi 8.6v2 and Photo Print 6.1v2. No instructions on how or what way to install.

I check the size of the DVD, 3.98GB, so that apears to the complete application and not really an upgrade (so I figured), I may be wrong about that, will see on Monday if anyone from SAi contacts me, I emailed both Bobby Fosson @ CiberSupply (who sold me the upgrade), and SAi (who makes FlexiSign Pro 8.6.
:Oops:

If your right, that maybe I should not have un-installed the old version, then maybe I can re-install it back and then install the 8.6 so called upgrade.

I thought it would be a good idea to to the upgrade over the weekend, so I would not spend time on it during the working week, bad idea, on the weekend, no one is there to help with installation issues!

I hope it's and easy fix, and that the 8.6 version is not plagued with bugs and issues.

Flexi 10 is suppose to be released this month, I hope soon, I'm suppose to get a FREE upgrade to 10.

Techman

uninstall has nothing to do with it. The very fact is it is trying to load points to another problem..

it tells u the exact problem right there..

The suggestions given do not address the problem. They are all good guesses.

ADOBE PLUG-IN FOLDER APP.EXE, the application stops loading and freezes,

rename the plugins folder in the adobe photoshop folder in the programs file folder. Rename it to something like pluginsold ..
There is some plugin causing the loading problem..

phototec

Flexi Pro 8.6 ins now W O R K I N G

uninstall has nothing to do with it. The very fact is it is trying to load points to another problem..

rename the plugins folder in the adobe photoshop folder in the programs file folder. Rename it to something like pluginsold ..
There is some plugin causing the loading problem..

Techman, you are an absolute GENIUS!

I did just what you said, named the Photoshop plug in folder PLUGINSOLD, and launched Flexi Pro, and it opened right up, man you are a life saver, I have spent ALL day searching the internet and several forums, and was not able to get any solution. Most suggestion were to completely re-install Windows XP, etc. That's a major disaster, as a designer, I have quite a few applications, and plug-ins, like OnOne Plug In Suite 5, Nik software, that would have had to be re-installed.

I thought it might have been a font issue, someone said to remove all NON XP fonts, again I need the hundreds of fonts I have collected through the years.

Anyway, enough rambling, I can't thank you enough for the simple fix.

Thanks a bunch!

:U Rock::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::goodpost:

Techman

send me $50..
And the next one who send me an email telling me i don't know what i am talking about can ,, well,, u know... :)

Kemble

Glad you got it fixed.

I was going to suggest making sure your anti-virus was disabled, it could of possibly been some sort of communication from one thing to another that your anti-virus was preventing. Happens a lot when installing programs.

phototec

Flexi Pro problem fixed, Photoshop not working

Techman, you are an absolute GENIUS!

I did just what you said, named the Photoshop plug in folder PLUGINSOLD, and launched Flexi Pro, and it opened right up.

After changing the Photoshop Plug-Ins folder name to a different name, and getting Flexi Pro to open and work, I checked Photoshop, and there were NO filters or plug-ins, so now what?

Got a call this morning from Bobby at CiberSupply, and he instructed me to go to the EDIT, PREFENCES, FILE PATH in Flexi, delete the path to the Photoshop Plug-Ins, then I changed the Photoshop Plug-Ins folder name back to the original name, so the the plug-ins would work in Photoshop and relaunched Flexi Pro, this time it locked up again, and in the lower left corner it was still looking for the Adobe plug-ins (it must be part of the built-in launch code to try and find the plug-ins).

This got me to thinking, so I decided to make a copy of the Photoshop plug-ins folder, delete all non native plug-ins, locate the new folder on the "C" drive above the PROGRAMS file, then in Photoshop changed the name of the plug-ins folder to another name so that Flexi would open, then in Flexi used the BROWSE function for the FILE PATH and selected the new path to the duplicated plug-ins folder, closed Flexi, re-launched and this time it worked.

Apparently, Flexi needs some kind of FILE PATH to go to during LAUNCH, you just can't leave it blank, at least that's what worked for me.

Then back to Photoshop Plug-Ins folder to change the name back to the original, opened photoshop and BINGO, all the filters and plug-ins are there and everything worked.

So, basically I had to duplicate the Photoshop Plug-Ins folder, remove all NON-NATIVE Plug-Ins, locate the folder in another location, open PREFERENCES in Flexi and use the BROWES tool and create a NEW file path to the duplicate Plug-Ins folder on the "C" drive and that fixed the problem and NOW everything is working as it should, I hope this may one day help someone if they have the same problem with NON native plug-ins for PhotoShop.

Thanks to Techman and Bobby @ CiberSupply for helping get this problem resolved.

:thankyou:

Jon Murany

Sarconastic

Confirmed this

I had your exact problem and found not only that the photoshop Plug-Ins folder was the culprit but located the exact one that was causing it for me.

I went through the whole process you went through, and got flexi working again, but I figured I should find out which one was causing it so i avoid them in the future.

I noticed when my Flexi started up there was an additional menu item to the right of HELP. it said OnOne. I remembered loading a Free plugin into Photoshop cs2 that was was from OnOne Software, it was their PhotoFrame 4.5 Free Edition. After messing around with other stuff I just deleted the plugin and it works fine now.

So no more OnONe plugins for me. What stinks is I was considering buying their whole suite. There are a lot of nice tools in there.

I pointed Flexi back to the original Plug-Ins folder and it works great now. BTW: I am still running FLexi 8.1 so it would appear to affects all the 8.X versions.

Thanks for posting this.

Sarc

tbaker

@sarconastic, since you're done doing what needs to be done with Flexi, you "should" be able to reinstall the plugin for photoshop, it "shouldn't" interfere with Flexi any longer. There are some program dependencies that can cause an upgrade to hang, but after installation or upgrade you should be able to just install it again no problem.

Sarconastic

I'll give it a shot and see if it works after a reinstall. I normally don't use a plug in like that anyway, but I was in a time crunch and didn't want to make a frame the manual way. But in the end it cost me a lot more time.

That'll teach me to take a short cut LOL.

Sarc

Techman

@sarconastic, since you're done doing what needs to be done with flexi, you "should" be able to reinstall the plugin for photoshop, it "shouldn't" interfere with flexi any longer.

yes it will...

phototec

I had your exact problem and found not only that the photoshop Plug-Ins folder was the culprit but located the exact one that was causing it for me.

I went through the whole process you went through, and got flexi working again, but I figured I should find out which one was causing it so i avoid them in the future.

I noticed when my Flexi started up there was an additional menu item to the right of HELP. it said OnOne. I remembered loading a Free plugin into Photoshop cs2 that was was from OnOne Software, it was their PhotoFrame 4.5 Free Edition. After messing around with other stuff I just deleted the plugin and it works fine now.

So no more OnONe plugins for me. What stinks is I was considering buying their whole suite. There are a lot of nice tools in there.

I pointed Flexi back to the original Plug-Ins folder and it works great now. BTW: I am still running FLexi 8.1 so it would appear to affects all the 8.X versions.

Thanks for posting this.

Sarc

I totally disagree with your decision, the OneOne plug-ins are totally awesome, I have the complete suite and just updated to the latest version, Perfect Photo 6, these are a fantastic set of plug-is for Photoshop, used everyday and would not be without them.

Just because they are NOT recognized by FlexiPro is NOT a good reason to disallow there use, but rather develop a work a-round to be able to use both products. I discussed this issue with SAi a while back, and they agreed with my fix, they said they don't have the resources to write code in Flexi to work with every plug-in under the sun. I only wish they would make people aware of which Photoshop plug-ins will work and which will NOT.

The work-around (FIX), is to duplicate the Photoshop Plug-Ins folder, remove all NON-NATIVE Photoshop Plug-Ins, locate the folder in another location, open PREFERENCES in Flexi and use the BROWSE tool and create a NEW file path to the duplicate Plug-Ins folder on the "C" drive, now when Flexi looks for the Photoshop plug-ins, it loads ONLY the duplicate folder containing ONLY native plug-ins that come with Photoshop.

And I still have the all my extra plug-ins for Photoshop to use located in the Photoshop plug-ins folder, I use many add-on plug-ins for Photoshop like the complete Perfect Photo Suite 6, Viveza, etc., and could not work without them.

I hope this may one day help someone if they have the same problem using NON native plug-ins for PhotoShop and FlexiPro.

http://www.ononesoftware.com/

http://www.niksoftware.com/viveza/u...55289495cdbd&gclid=CNud0aKOnK4CFWOMtgodtXOJHg

:smile:

phototec

Thanks for posting this.

Sarc
I totally disagree with your decision, the OneOne plug-ins are totally awesome, I have the complete suite and just updated to the latest version, Perfect Photo 6, these are a fantastic set of plug-is for Photoshop, used everyday and would not be without them.

Just because they are NOT recognized by FlexiPro is NOT a good reason to disallow there use, but rather develop a work a-round to be able to use both products. I discussed this issue with SAi a while back, and they agreed with my fix, they said they don't have the resources to write code in Flexi to work with every plug-in under the sun. I only wish they would make people aware of which Photoshop plug-ins will work and which will NOT.

The work-around (FIX), is to duplicate the Photoshop Plug-Ins folder, remove all NON-NATIVE Photoshop Plug-Ins, locate the folder in another location, open PREFERENCES in Flexi and use the BROWSE tool and create a NEW file path to the duplicate Plug-Ins folder on the "C" drive, now when Flexi looks for the Photoshop plug-ins, it loads ONLY the duplicate folder containing ONLY native plug-ins that come with Photoshop.

And I still have the all my extra plug-ins for Photoshop to use located in the Photoshop plug-ins folder, I use many add-on plug-ins for Photoshop like the complete Perfect Photo Suite 6, Viveza, etc., and could not work without them.

I hope this may one day help someone if they have the same problem using NON native plug-ins for PhotoShop and FlexiPro.

http://www.ononesoftware.com/

http://www.niksoftware.com/viveza/u...55289495cdbd&gclid=CNud0aKOnK4CFWOMtgodtXOJHg

:smile:

Is this still and issue with NON native plug-ins for PhotoShop using FlexiPro 10.x or has SAi adressed and fixed this problem?

Anyone know the answer?

Thanks