• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Quits with No warning

dlndesign

Its already happened to me 3 times this morning. Has anyone had the same problem? Sometimes Flexi 8.5 would shut down because of an "unrecoverable error", but this is, Flexi is on then its gone, not even giving me an opportunity to save.

johnny_loves_amy

flexi shutting down

Flexi does it to me sometimes too. I dont know the problem. I just save every few minutes, (yes it is annoying). Hey it's better than losing everything

N2Harpz

Mine quits sometimes also....usually when I push copy and paste keyboard buttons too quick.. .. but it always gives me a chance to save. 7.6v

dlndesign

Does anyone have a direct line to tech support at Scanvec? I was on hold for a while, I can't spend my time waiting on them to help me out.

SirSlarty

Mine used to always quit like that after using the horizontal and vertical measurement tools while browsing in an old version of FireFox.

PMG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Flexi..mine as well crashes all the time...this program has more issues than a red headed step child.

dlndesign

Ok so I got a hold of tech support, they want me to install 8.1v1 off there ftp site. Anyone had any issues doing this?

PMG

Ok so I got a hold of tech support, they want me to install 8.1v1 off there ftp site. Anyone had any issues doing this?
still wont fix the issues i bet,,i had 8.1 and that was the answer then,,update to 8.5 and your problems will go away...but in realty they were never fixed and or its a whole new issue. I love the program but the issues get old on a daily basis. its always one thing or another.

PMG

Shovel no its not to much to ask......... IMO thats the underlying problem with SAI, they dont seem to listen to the end user ....the peeps that spend that 4 to 5 grand that makes their company profitable ..im sure it will catch up to them and nip them in the bud in due time. I will be hard pressed to spend any more of my cash on future flexi products thats for damb sure ,unless they can prove to me that the program is 99% stable like Photoshop or Illy.

high impact

Updating from the ftp is a piece of cake. I am a Flexi user as well - it has it's good days and bad days...but more bad as of late. I don't know that I will upgrade from 8.1 anytime soon, mine (knock on wood) seems to be doing pretty good lately unless you consider the sudden black overspray when using the RIP and the periodic crashes. Argh... ;-(

Kind of sad how a cheap program like Versaworks gives me a perfect print every time.

P

ProWraps™

why has nobody asked about the computer this is running on. this sounds to me like a lack of ram and/or processing power. pure and simple. there are no problems with flexi. your hardware is lacking. if your hardware is sufficient, then your flexi load is corrupted.

as far a sai not lisetning. well, i can say every time i call its at LEAST a 20-30 minute wait. SUCKS ASS. but they are VERY helpful. you have to realize. this isnt the day of the intel celeron processor. the 1 gb of ram. these programs are meant to run on systems that are seriously pumped. we push them to their limits. and many people put this program on a system that is attached to the internet with NO firewall, so riddled with adware, viruses etc. lets get real here. either learn to set up a system to run a $4k program on, or be damned. stop blaming the software.

PMG

My pc has plenty of power...dual core 4 gigs of ram.....flexi only requires xp or vista 1 gig of ram and 4 gigs of disk space and SAI remotely set up my Flexi when i upgrade from 8.1........:clapping: so what other excuse you got for them T dady heheheh....kinda funny i put it on my laptop with 6 gigs of ram and Flexi still falls on its face.