• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi-Sign...who uses it? Poll??

Do You Use FlexiSign?

• Yes

Votes: 255 71.0%
  • No

Votes: 104 29.0%

• Total voters

Gene@mpls

I love it, have used it since version 5. We also have Omega, signlab, AI for
some reference. I expected this to be a Flexi-haters dogpile- surely there are
many more people that don't use than use? I kinda like it when they froth at
the mouth and get all twitchy about what a POS program it is.:thumb:

mark in tx

I use Both Flexi and Onyx.
Both for output, but Flexi does some design stuff that just works better, but I still use Adobe, and Corel for design work, and to fix customer supplied files.

Everything depends on the workflow you set up, everything.

Flexi is light years ahead of anything for placing a contour line.
Also fantastic for paneling capabilities.
It also has Onyx beat for changing the number of copies, or size of a print without re-ripping.
But Onyx has much easier color management, also easier to profile.
btw I only use versaworks to check the level in carts.

Sabre

Flexi 7.62 for almost all of my sign work and Corel X3 for most of my other design stuffs. I keep looking at the Flexi upgrades, but they come out with "new 8.x" WAY too often. At this point, i feel like I should hang tough for v9.

jbennett

Not much love for Flexi from me.

Only reason I have it is because it was cheaper to upgrade from Inspire to Flexi

I love my Flexi. Beginning to wonder about this here Winders though :) I think it gives me more probs than Flexi. I actually STILL use my Inspire for a few things. To me the vector drawing tools ar so simple. I used to hear people say that Inspire wasnt XP compatible. It most definitely is if you download the latest dongle drivers.

jbennett

signkraft

I've been using flexi for about 5 years now(started on Casmate then Inspire in the sign industry) and can use it very effectively. I do all of my cut vinyl designing in it, and practically ALL of my vector cleanup. I switch between Flexi, PS, and Illy pretty seamlessy through most of my jobs. Each program has something I like specifically over the others, and things that I hate. I print through Illy and VW, so I can't vouge for the rip.

dclet

If all yer doing is cuttin' vinyl flexi works, other then that it's a dog, even an old version of casmate is comparable. I have owned flexi since 5 and stopped at 7.6. & Casmate since the Dos days...

Corel opens far more doors then flexi ever will...

tomlongmacon

I give it 5 stars

If I could only have one piece of software, this is it, hands down. I can't wait to check out 10.

I have seen lots of comments about what it can't do... those people should know that some of what it can't do depends on the version. (or you haven't discovered the "how") I've been a user since version 5 and I discover new stuff all of the time. The only other software I need is PhotoShop for raster manipulation.

Tom Long
Macon, GA

thewvsignguy

We started out with LXI master back in 97? only for vinyl cutting. Upgraded to Flexi 6? working with Corel then to went to 7.6 pro for cutting and printing with a thermal printer. We have been using Flexi Pro 7.6 Pro on 2 Window XP machines for the last 4 years. Working with vectors we have not seen to many "bugs" or crashes, although it does happen from time to time. Now that we are working more with bitmap type files these days we can see the that the program does crash more often working with the larger files. We also just bought a Mutoh 1204, a Q54, a full copy of Flexi 10, and a free Flexi 10 designer for the laptop. we like the the new features of 10 like the special effects and shadowing. The production manger is pretty easy to use, even for beginners and employees. I also use ILL 10, PS 6 and Corel 12 from time to time but 95% of our designing and output is done through Flexi.

klemgraphics

We use Signlab as we have since we started in 2000, always wanted to give Flexi a shot though. I find signlab so easy to use though I think I would have a hard time with it. I also recently purchased Xara and I like it for some things, but definitely doesn't compare.

SignLogic

Learn illustrator efficiently and you'll never go back to FlexiSIGN! I used to love it but once I became well versed in Illustrator, I never looked back. You have so much more control in Illustrator. Unleash your creativity! Flexi is great for the basics, but Illustrator is the best.