• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi/Vista Issues??

DeeHutch

Unfortunately, we're still using a windows based enviroment at my shop, so I would at least like to upgrade to Vista but was told by my product (for signs, etc) supplier that Flexi has major problems running on Vista. I"m using Flexi Sign Pro 7.6 v2.

Anyone else out there running Flexi on Vist that could provide some input? Thanks in advance.

signguy95

No, Flexi and Vista don't play well with each other. do a search on here for "vista" and you will find all you NEED to know!

Jay

Techman

As i have posted before,
VISTA is merely a want,, There is not a true need for anyone to upgrade..
VISTA is not ready for prime time.. It has problem's even with Microsoft products. common knowledge says to wait until at least SP1 comes out late fall.

The problem is with VISTA,, not with other vendor software..

In case any one missed it. There are price cuts in MS Office. HOW? not VIA a regular price cut on a regular package. But they did issue a Student and teacher version that allows three different installs on three different machines. It is called student teacher version but it is not required that you be a student or a teacher.

Why? because sales is lagging and from competition via open source software and other products..

DeeHutch

Yeah, I think i'll definitely wait.

I'm used to OSX and I just like the feel of Vista.......kind of reminds of being on a Mac!

D

DARLAK

I'm using Flexi Pro 6.6 on Vista and I don't have any problems at all.

flexi, the main program works fine, i couldn't get the connection with the production manager to work.

dsignersigns

I recently was forced to upgrade...computer was D E A D...i couldn't find a machine, well ok, a laptop...with Windows XP that had the kind of components I wanted to run graphic software. That and Microsoft stopped making Windows XP on any new computer as of about a month or so ago. So, knowing the issues, I bought a great laptop with Windows Vista. Now I am a huge XP fan...Vista is ok...it does have bugs but it's not bad. It has color management into so it's really going to screw people up if they don't know what they are doing.
I am running Flexi v8 and yes the production manager won't work....so I pieced together 3 computers to make a server that runs XP just for production manager. I thought that networking the two, since they are two different platforms would be hard, but it all intergrated wonderfully. So far, no problems, everything seems to be ok...and I can say this...for the first time....what I see on my widescreen LCD is excatly what prints out....it just took me a couple of months to get that to work....:Cool 2:

John L

Whenever I go to walmart, sams club, and the big box computer/office supply stores all I ever see is computers with Vista. How can someone go about buying a new puter with XP installed nowadays.

D

DARLAK

Using FlexiSign Pro 7.6 v1 with Vista. No problems here whatsoever.

I would love to see how you got past the production manager setup, it wouldn't allow me to pick any printers fomr the list, there weren't any. I tried setting up different version of flexi with no luck.

I guess XP is fine for now.....

John L

Can you run Flexi under Vista by using an "XP" setting. I forget what they call it but in XP you can run some old programs and have them work as if XP was an older version.

MobileImpact

Whenever I go to walmart, sams club, and the big box computer/office supply stores all I ever see is computers with Vista. How can someone go about buying a new puter with XP installed nowadays.

Go to a real COMPUTER store. Walmart and Sams are not COMPUTER stores.