Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi/Vista Issues??

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by DeeHutch, Jul 31, 2007.

1. DeeHutch

DeeHutch Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    Unfortunately, we're still using a windows based enviroment at my shop, so I would at least like to upgrade to Vista but was told by my product (for signs, etc) supplier that Flexi has major problems running on Vista. I"m using Flexi Sign Pro 7.6 v2.

Anyone else out there running Flexi on Vist that could provide some input? Thanks in advance.

Tags:
  2. signguy95

signguy95 Active Member

Dec 5, 2004
    No, Flexi and Vista don't play well with each other. do a search on here for "vista" and you will find all you NEED to know!

Jay

3. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    As i have posted before,
    VISTA is merely a want,, There is not a true need for anyone to upgrade..
    VISTA is not ready for prime time.. It has problem's even with Microsoft products. common knowledge says to wait until at least SP1 comes out late fall.

The problem is with VISTA,, not with other vendor software..

In case any one missed it. There are price cuts in MS Office. HOW? not VIA a regular price cut on a regular package. But they did issue a Student and teacher version that allows three different installs on three different machines. It is called student teacher version but it is not required that you be a student or a teacher.

Why? because sales is lagging and from competition via open source software and other products..

4. DeeHutch

DeeHutch Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    Yeah, I think i'll definitely wait.

I'm used to OSX and I just like the feel of Vista.......kind of reminds of being on a Mac!

5. SignProOhio

SignProOhio Member

Jun 30, 2007
    I'm using Flexi Pro 6.6 on Vista and I don't have any problems at all.

6. DARLAK

DARLAK Guest

flexi, the main program works fine, i couldn't get the connection with the production manager to work.

7. dsignersigns

dsignersigns New Member

Apr 9, 2007
    I recently was forced to upgrade...computer was D E A D...i couldn't find a machine, well ok, a laptop...with Windows XP that had the kind of components I wanted to run graphic software. That and Microsoft stopped making Windows XP on any new computer as of about a month or so ago. So, knowing the issues, I bought a great laptop with Windows Vista. Now I am a huge XP fan...Vista is ok...it does have bugs but it's not bad. It has color management into so it's really going to screw people up if they don't know what they are doing.
    I am running Flexi v8 and yes the production manager won't work....so I pieced together 3 computers to make a server that runs XP just for production manager. I thought that networking the two, since they are two different platforms would be hard, but it all intergrated wonderfully. So far, no problems, everything seems to be ok...and I can say this...for the first time....what I see on my widescreen LCD is excatly what prints out....it just took me a couple of months to get that to work....:Cool 2:

8. John L

John L Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Whenever I go to walmart, sams club, and the big box computer/office supply stores all I ever see is computers with Vista. How can someone go about buying a new puter with XP installed nowadays.

9. Sign_Language

Sign_Language New Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Using FlexiSign Pro 7.6 v1 with Vista. No problems here whatsoever.

10. DARLAK

DARLAK Guest

I would love to see how you got past the production manager setup, it wouldn't allow me to pick any printers fomr the list, there weren't any. I tried setting up different version of flexi with no luck.

I guess XP is fine for now.....

11. John L

John L Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Can you run Flexi under Vista by using an "XP" setting. I forget what they call it but in XP you can run some old programs and have them work as if XP was an older version.

12. onesource

onesource Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Try the compatability mode in Vista

13. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    Dell is still selling computers with XP.

14. MobileImpact

MobileImpact Active Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Go to a real COMPUTER store. Walmart and Sams are not COMPUTER stores.

15. rcook99

rcook99 Very Active Member

May 25, 2006
    NE
    Yes Dell is still selling them with XP as I am looking at them now and hope to purchase this week.