• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi19 is there a quick search option to find a specific color in a table?

mmblarg

We recently upgraded to Flexi19 and are getting used to some new processes including using the built in Pantone color tables. However, to find a color in these huge charts, we have to just scroll and read through the names till we get to the number we need (currently we can't find Pantone 4164 in our tables, which is the issue.)

Is there a quick search option where we can just type in 4164 and it'll bring up that pesky color?

mmblarg

I go to this website: https://www.pantone.com/color-finder
to get the codes.

This unfortunately isn't terribly helpful for us as the we don't have that color in our physical Pantone charts either (they are older than this color seems to be) so we have nothing to compare to. Finding the color here basically just confirms it exists, but we can't just print the CMYK values in place of the pantone since, again, nothing to compare to. Our printer is set up so that the pantone charts have been printing spot on, so as long as we can FIND that color in the table, we're confident it will be ok without being able to check the color to a physical swatch.

Please let me know if I misunderstood what you meant by get the codes though.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
I've had the same issues over the years, it is quite annoying. What I do is drag out my swatch table so that it shows up with titles. You can sort by name which will put them in numerical order. Click on 'name' (red) to do so. Also, make sure you have all of the available Pantone swatches added to your table. All of the recent ones aren't available in Flexi as far as I know but there are some extra solid coated colors hiding in these menus (orange).

upload_2021-3-3_7-44-22.png
upload_2021-3-3_7-46-42.png

Evan Gillette

I agree with fuzzycam, and I ran into your exact same issue last week trying to find a newly added color. I was trying to figure out a source that lists what colors were added to what revision but was unsuccessful. The closest I came was finding that solid coated v4 cameout in Sep. 2019 (see link). Flexi 19 has up to v3 in the swatch tables and I couldn't find any downloads either. We have a license for pantone software through our i1 pro so I used that to compare on a calibrated monitor and also cross referenced similar colors that I had in my decks. The newer pantone mobile ap is another good tool but again be wary if the phone screen isn't calibrated.

I am currently testing flexi 21 beta and will put in a feature request for searchable swatches this week, you should put in a request with sai as well. Little things like that make a huge improvement in usability IMO.

IsItFasst

I literally was just wondering the same thing a few minutes ago as I hate when a customer specifies a Pantone number and I essentially have to scroll through every one to see if the number shows up. "There has got to be a better way!" I thought. Then this subject shows up in my email from Signs101. fuzzy_cam's solution worked for me. I drug out the swatch table over the artboard, sorted by name, then put it back. Now my fill stroke editor has the Pantone colors in order as does the table on the locked back in on the side. Just wish the table would stay in that order after closing but you can just right click on the swatch and sort by name instead of moving it to sort it.

Last edited:

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
The table should stay in order after you alter it. Close your files, then close Flexi. My 19 version asks "The default swatch table has changed, would you like to save it?"

Another thing, when you add the Pantone colors to your default swatch table then arrange them by name, it messes up the order of your standard colors. In the past I have created a separate table for Pantone colors so I still have the standard colors in order. Just an option!

Glad I could help in a way.