• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi8 Sucks

zmatalucci

64% of the way through a 12ft. print, production manager crashes and screws everything. For $3500, you would think that this wouldn't happen to often, but as of lately, I have been getting unrecoverable errors in flexi almost weekly.
WTF

DPD

I'm not on Flexi 8 but I remember something at the sign show in AC showing minimum system reqs etc. Flexi 8 needs much more memory than flexi 7.6 (which I use).

Try installing more RAM or freeing up some swap space. I can't say it'll help for sure but it's the first thing I can think of.

SignsRus

maybe I'll have to cut back on the # of programs running at once.

Shouldn't be doing a ton of stuff on the PC you use for printing. Don't care how nice of a machine it is. You need more then one station.

They are right though the Flexi 8 requirements are much higher then Flexi 7. We get a crash from time to time, but usually only when I'm trying to RIP too many files at once.

GOod luck

iSign

I have a dedicated rip station running Flexi, and nothing else.

You could buy another cpu for the money you could lose on one screwed print!

SignsRus

I have a dedicated rip station running Flexi, and nothing else.

You could buy another cpu for the money you could lose on one screwed print!

Exactly the point I was trying to come across. Go out and put together another workstation.

Techman

reduce the amount of undo's to around 10 or so.
Every time you make a change the undo stores a complete copy of your image. If you have a large image and around 19 undo's stored up you will over load the machine. Thus a crash is inevitable.

gabagoo

I would keep everything else shut while printing large jobs. I use photoprint which is a flexi product and I have experienced those freeze ups, you might also want to see if there are any updates for your software.

gabagoo

Every time you make a change the undo stores a complete copy of your image. If you have a large image and around 19 undo's stored up you will over load the machine. Thus a crash is inevitable.

you mean even if you have not used the undo's it still eats memory? Shoot I have my signlab set for 200 lmfao.

Samm

Thanks for the tip!

Sam