• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexisign pro 7.6v2 and winodws 7 64bit

signsbykacie

My computer crashed and I was running windows xp 32 bit version with my flexisign pro 7.6v2, and I thought I would have to buy a new computer and go back to windows xp inorder to get my version of flexisign to work. The sales man convinced me that I could downloan xp mode and it would work. Apparently I cant get xp mode to work on my laptop because it is a sony vaio and it is not enabled in the bios and you have to rewrite the bios to fix that... (to scared to do that) I tried installing flexisign onto windows 7 to see if if would work and it seemed to install okay and everything seems to work fine untill i try to print and I get an error message that says "caught exception, error code -6"
any ideas....

RiXaX

I couldn't get it to work with the 64 bit, but Windows 7 with the 32 bit works fine. I don't do the digital printing and find little in the newer versions of Flexi that would benefit me enough to justify the expense.

SignBurst PCs

Did you try installing XP Mode? MS removed the visualization requirement on the CPU. It has worked on every PC that I have tried. As far as 7.6 working in it, that is questionable as I have had issues with the dongle in XP Mode. I had to reset the USB port every time I opened the virtual PC.

signsbykacie

I finally got it figured out. I had been reading online and every website said that you could not change the harware visualization to enabled in the bios, but I never actually checked. I got in the bios and I was able to turn on the hardware visualization. I put xp mode on the computer and was able to load flexi 7.6v2 on to xp mode no problems and printed great! Thank you for all the help!