• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Floor Graphic Damage Disclaimer??

michsanford

We have had one bad experience in the past with floor graphics damaging a client's floor when they removed them, and we are trying to find some type of disclaimer that states we are not responsible for any damage if they aren't removed correctly.

Any suggestions?

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Simple and to the point would be your best bet.
And include removal instructions with the original invoice that the disclaimer would be on.

oksigns

We have had one bad experience in the past with floor graphics damaging a client's floor when they removed them, and we are trying to find some type of disclaimer that states we are not responsible for any damage if they aren't removed correctly. Any suggestions?

Just explain what the product is and capable of and express that the customer understands and accepts the limitations and nature of the adhesive, overlaminates used/not used on the given floor's condition and finish.

CanuckSigns

I would expect that any guarantee you would have would go out the window when a client tried to remove their own graphics, who knows how they are doing it.

printhog

When they first came out in the late 90s 3M had an extensive disclosure and liability contract for end users. Biggest issue we had as one of the first 10 firms making these was the decades of wax being peeled off when the floorminder was removed. 3M and our lawyer added some disclaimer language to cover that. Given the liabilities of slip fall accidents I'd suggest you pay a lawyer to write the disclaimer he/she feels will properly shield you. Once you start issuing those kind of documents you assume a position of liability in many states. Getting free legal advice from sign guys isn't the best business practice.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk