• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flower Shop Logo feedback

F

firstclassvinyls

So we were hired to design a logo for a floral business in town and I was looking for some feedback before we present it to the client. Our intent is to create a logo design that bring color to the flower shop with a simple design easy for embroidery and other marketing products. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Logo Example.JPG

Ouch! That needs a lot of work. You have zero contrast and likewise it fails the squint test big time. You can't even tell what it is from the thumbnail. Looks like a green oval. Lose the oval, for starters. It's unnecessary and clutters things.

F

firstclassvinyls

Here is how we started with it but thought it was a little too plain. Taking into consideration the contrast issue I think is best to delete the oval.

Logo Example 2.JPG

Attachments

• Logo Example 2.JPG
    Logo Example 2.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 111

WildWestDesigns

So we were hired to design a logo for a floral business in town and I was looking for some feedback before we present it to the client. Our intent is to create a logo design that bring color to the flower shop with a simple design easy for embroidery and other marketing products. Any feedback will be appreciated.

View attachment 101005

You might think that that is a simple design, but depending on the size that they are going to want that in, it can be iffy for embroidery.

I very rarely ever suggest offsets (particularly small offsets that are going to be run stitches at a logo crest size) around text. It's not needed in embroidery providing that the text is going to be satin stitches (such as this one is). For print that might be something else, but not in here.

Also with text, you don't want small block fonts (and Gifts) to be less then .02", for scripts, they tend to like .023 to .025 on the small side. Some block and script fonts need more then that, but those sizes to be as small as they can get with the correct font. Also the thickness of the letters themselves, you want a width of .03 for most machines. Some machines can handle .02 satin stitch with with smaller needles and lighter weight threads, but not all and sometimes not all within a brand of machines that have some that can handle that small of a width. You have to remember with embroidery, there are physical minimums and maximums that have to be observed, unlike with ink/paint, where it's more fluid and can handle much smaller in most instances.

Also, you have to be aware that some of that definition of the flowers/leaves might also be lost at a small size as well. Oval and the red going around it also can get you into trouble with push/pull if you aren't careful with the lighter weight fabrics.

F

firstclassvinyls

We usually go 3.5 Width when digitizing and this logo design will be ok. I have a Melco XTS and this thing works wonders. I do think the oval is way too much and we will change that design to something easier to work with perhaps the second design uploaded will work just fine in my opinion thank you very much.

WildWestDesigns

We usually go 3.5 Width when digitizing and this logo design will be ok. I have a Melco XTS and this thing works wonders. I do think the oval is way too much and we will change that design to something easier to work with perhaps the second design uploaded will work just fine in my opinion thank you very much.

You posted that second one while I was posting, sorry about that.

At 3.5", your "and Gifts" is at .27", so that should be fine (based on the height of "G"). Stitch width on the script font is at .04, so that's fine as well. How you do the veining on the leaves would be the only concern (two segments, or split stitches etc), but that shouldn't be too bad at all.

Second one is much better.

F

firstclassvinyls

You posted that second one while I was posting, sorry about that.

At 3.5", your "and Gifts" is at .27", so that should be fine (based on the height of "G"). Stitch width on the script font is at .04, so that's fine as well. How you do the veining on the leaves would be the only concern (two segments, or split stitches etc), but that shouldn't be too bad at all.

Second one is much better.

I was thinking two segments but I will adjust as I go with digitizing. I think I could also make them a bit bigger in order to make them a little more noticeable when stitched. By the way thanks for the reply I really like this forum specially when I get really good feedback.

F

firstclassvinyls

Perhaps something like Style Casual and Sylfaen fit the bill.

I hear you and appreciate the feedback. I quickly saw your point with contrast issues. In the other hand I think a logo should be more than just font. To me I prefer adding something else to spice it up just a little not too much like I had!! but I think I am heading into the right direction without the oval.

I hear you and appreciate the feedback. I quickly saw your point with contrast issues. In the other hand I think a logo should be more than just font. To me I prefer adding something else to spice it up just a little not too much like I had!! but I think I am heading into the right direction without the oval.

Those are just fonts I would recommend laid out in a fashion similar to yours. It's a starting point. I'm in no way implying that the logo shouldn't have an icon or finishing touches intact. Maybe I should have left the pictorial out of it, but it's better and simpler to illustrate the typefaces I am referring to.

WildWestDesigns

I was thinking two segments but I will adjust as I go with digitizing. I think I could also make them a bit bigger in order to make them a little more noticeable when stitched. By the way thanks for the reply I really like this forum specially when I get really good feedback.

Since you have Melco, I would imagine that you are also using Design Shop (maybe the Pro version). I would at first think of two segments, but what's going to get you is the size. Digitize it as two segments, if your program is calibrated to your monitor, look at it at 100% and see how it looks. If they just look like 1 big piece, then I would digitize it as one piece and then do a custom program split for the vein.

I tend to try to not up scale individual elements for a variety of reasons, unless the client just has to have it in there and there is no other way to digitize it to maintain original scale.

F

firstclassvinyls

Since you have Melco, I would imagine that you are also using Design Shop (maybe the Pro version). I would at first think of two segments, but what's going to get you is the size. Digitize it as two segments, if your program is calibrated to your monitor, look at it at 100% and see how it looks. If they just look like 1 big piece, then I would digitize it as one piece and then do a custom program split for the vein.

I tend to try to not up scale individual elements for a variety of reasons, unless the client just has to have it in there and there is no other way to digitize it to maintain original scale.

I will definitely look into it. I think I will be ok with the original size but will see when I get to it. I will post the digitizing design when is all set and done. This is if the client approve the design.

F

firstclassvinyls

I like the red flower , not so sure about the purple one though! Def better without the oval! Just my opinion!

I was waiting for someone to say that before I made the change I was also thinking about that. The rose in my opinion should be enough Thank you.

Jillbeans

Your initial attempt, as has been stated, has absolutely no contrast. Glad you took away the oval.
Now take away one of the flowers as it's trying too hard to be cute or clever.
I would definitely use another script...something like Wendy.
http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/letterperfect/wendy/
Only make "Country" in the script.
put FLORAL AND GIFT underneath Country, in all caps.
Not in the font you used, not in an italic.
Love....Jill

Signmaker1234

Maybe try.....

Maybe try the red flower where the purple flower is, the "r" does resemble a vase?

Do post the finished design, I'd like to see it!

John Butto

inspired by jsmoritz200 font layout

added some flowers and sewed it on this morning....

Attachments

• floral.jpg
    floral.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 112