• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font for granite monument

zmatalucci

Anybody have a clue on what font this is?
PLEASE HELP:)

Attachments

• font.jpg
    font.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 133

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
No match in my database. I also compared it to the monument fonts from Gerber and nothing matched there either.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you're looking for similar, Gerber's Monument Modified Roman Condensed.

Attachments

• dawson.jpg
    dawson.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 114

zmatalucci

Thanks fred! I have that font as a tt, so I'll probably print the info on vinyl and apply it to the mask, then cut it out by hand and add the points to the serifs manually :)

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Zeth,

I'm with Fred. That's condensed modified roman with wedge serifs...and obviously hand cut. You should be able to to plotter cut and hand tweak the serifs with an x-acto knife.

When blasting, those tight serifs can be a real pain to obtain any definition without over blasting the letter itself. I like to focus on the serifs first and then work my way back into the lettering.

I just did a date cutting last year that was a condensed modified roman sanserif. I ended up using SignLab's font editor to generate a totally new font. Actually, it looks quite appealing.

Stencil cutters (the people kind) took a lot of liberty back in those days and you never know what you'll find especially with an "at need" stone. (Where they didn't worry about having to match fonts for a later date cutting)

Jim