• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font help on a Fire Truck

edgette

I need to replicate this font style as close as possible. I've looked for common fire truck fonts and through some of the main font websites and haven't really come close to finding one that looks good to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• wagfire.jpg
    wagfire.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 57

edgette

I contacted the truck manufacturer and they said they cannot give out intellectual property. I looked at some of their other trucks and they all look to have the same style so I could think it's a font type and non a custom job for each different vehicle.

Sign to Go

It looks like you have 7 different characters there and you or Eric could trace them, if that's all you need. If you needed to add other words or lettering, then I would keep searching. Make friends with "TIKIBOYZ" is another good idea!

edgette

Yeah I needed to change the Engine No to something else for a different truck. I'll keep searching too. I just haven't seen anything with that distinct A, F and E. I could weld that in if I could find the right seriff font.

RobbyMac

It looks like a slight halo on the left edges of the letters, indicating raised surface (ie vinyl?) or poor registration/bleed on a vinyl print. But I don't think a painter wouldn't have left that.
Digimitizing it is... a few letters now = lots of jobs later?

SignosaurusRex

It looks like a slight halo on the left edges of the letters, indicating raised surface (ie vinyl?) or poor registration/bleed on a vinyl print. But I don't think a painter wouldn't have left that.
Digimitizing it is... a few letters now = lots of jobs later?

That little halo looks like wax to me.

edgette

Jill - I emailed them to get a better view of one of the fonts but I think that will work. Thank you very much.

To the other questions about the edges. The lettering was definitely a print/cut vinyl job. I noticed the white edges right away too.