• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Help

buggyjr12

Anyone recognize either of these? "Noerr" and "Motor Freight" are different and I can't identify either one of them. I need to recreate this and make some minor changes. I've tried all the usual sites. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20210727_142253.jpg
    20210727_142253.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 253

unclebun

Although the letters were probably based on some font or maybe even letraset letters, the way these letters look it is most likely that back in the 1930s or 1940s somebody hand drew this logo, and screenprint companies have just rephotographed it over the years to degrade the letters to the form you see now. Even the two Rs in NOERR are not the same.

SignosaurusRex

That logo is from a time when the design / artwork was generally done by hand without the aid of physical typefaces and certainly not with any "font".
Note that the "R"s do not match.

Last edited:

SignosaurusRex

If you don't mind taxing / testing your re-creation and creative skills as well as your software capabilities, you could start with a couple I found that
could work ...with some node editing, stretching, and stroking etc.

* Daily News BQ Bold/Extra bold (Berthold Type) ...a.k.a. Jaeger Daily News Bold/Extra Bold (old Adode font collections) for "NOERR".
* LHF Thick and Thin Serif (Letterhead Fonts) for "MOTOR FREIGHT".

I might be half tempted to re-create this one myself, just for fun and keeping my skills sharp. This is the only other image of the logo that I could find.

Attachments

• Noerr Trucker Hat.jpg
    Noerr Trucker Hat.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 82

buggyjr12

That logo is from a time when the design / artwork was generally done by hand without the aid of physical typefaces and certainly not with any "font".

Yeah, I figured that, but I thought it might be based on a certain typeface that may have been replicated into a font. Thank you for the suggestions!

SignosaurusRex

If you don't mind taxing / testing your re-creation and creative skills as well as your software capabilities, you could start with a couple I found that
could work ...with some node editing, stretching, and stroking etc.

* Daily News BQ Bold/Extra bold (Berthold Type) ...a.k.a. Jaeger Daily News Bold/Extra Bold (old Adode font collections) for "NOERR".
* LHF Thick and Thin Serif (Letterhead Fonts) for "MOTOR FREIGHT".

I might be half tempted to re-create this one myself, just for fun and keeping my skills sharp. This is the only other image of the logo that I could find.

Attachments

• NOERR.jpg
    NOERR.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 73