Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font ID Help Needed

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Bobby H, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    I can't seem to figure out the typeface used in the attached sample. It made me thing of some kind of MS Office-bundled sans face or something along those lines. It came by way of some customer provided artwork -with all the lettering distorted (as usual). I'm guessing the proportions in the attached sample are close to normal.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    closest I find is The Sans - but there are differences

3. Bobby H

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    I can't put my finger on it. There are hints of Peignot, Optima and Ocean Sans in it. The "W" is a real puzzler.

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    No match here.

5. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    Futura LtCn stretched vertically?

6. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    nice pull, shovel!

7. Bobby H

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    Yeah, I think Futura Light Condensed is the true source typeface for that lettering. The "designer" simply distorted the crud out of it, and performed a few more alterations on the letters (like the ''N") before ending the font torture. Another element in the artwork I received featured Penumbra Titling Light horizontally stretched to obscene proportions. Graphic design brought to you by the fun house mirror!