• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font ID Help Needed

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I can't seem to figure out the typeface used in the attached sample. It made me thing of some kind of MS Office-bundled sans face or something along those lines. It came by way of some customer provided artwork -with all the lettering distorted (as usual). I'm guessing the proportions in the attached sample are close to normal.

Attachments

• StrangeFontyThingie.gif
    StrangeFontyThingie.gif
    28 KB · Views: 78

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I can't put my finger on it. There are hints of Peignot, Optima and Ocean Sans in it. The "W" is a real puzzler.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Yeah, I think Futura Light Condensed is the true source typeface for that lettering. The "designer" simply distorted the crud out of it, and performed a few more alterations on the letters (like the ''N") before ending the font torture. Another element in the artwork I received featured Penumbra Titling Light horizontally stretched to obscene proportions. Graphic design brought to you by the fun house mirror!