• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Management Software

Terremoto

So is there a way to have FE display the fonts by the correct name which it also seems to know so that they display in proper alphabetical order?

There's a "Sort" button with an A over a Z and a down arrow beside the stacked letters. It's in the tool bar on the centre pane.

Dan

Colin

There's a "Sort" button with an A over a Z and a down arrow beside the stacked letters. It's in the tool bar on the centre pane.

Aha! Thanks!

On a side note, I was finding some duplicate fonts in FE (with a slightly different file name), but that didn't show up in Windows > Control Panel > Fonts. How come?

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Are you serious - you have 18,000 fonts installed?!? I was getting worried with ~1400 installed.

Pretty much at 1400 fonts you're just about getting to 100 usable typefaces ... you have to take into account bold, and italic versions and cousins in the same font family. (plus there are system fonts you can't seem to get rid of. ... stupid windows. I use the corel draw x5 font explorer now to install and uninstall ones I need as I need them from the .... 10k fonts i have ... seems i keep mine at around 1k-3k fonts loaded at a time.

Cruzer

A Sign is a Sign is a Sign
Time looking for fonts!

I spend a lot of time looking for fonts when art work is supplied. Like on business cards. A flyer, sign, etc. I some times trace or create it.
Does anyone know if there is a program out there that looks at a font and gives the name, type, etc. Is there such a program?:help