• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Manager Program? What do you guys use?

Bogie

Back in my "days of design" I kept everything a bit more controlled... And since those days are coming back, stuff is starting to get out of control... What do y'all like to use to keep track of stuff?

Kustom DeZigns

I used LintoType fontexploer X and my feelings.. DON"T USE IT!!!

It screwed up my whole computer by deleting system fonts. It took me 2 hours to undo its F'in mess it made.

As soon as I can find my old Corel Draw im using that again.

Simon Belmont

Ditto on the Linotype explorer. DO NOT USE IT WITH WINDOWS MACHINES. It messed up my system fonts as well, i almost had to reformat.

Font Nav is good, but Suitcase is better.

ChiknNutz

Have used both Extensis and Bitstream (Corel). I like Extensis better, but Bitstream is free (with Corel) and not bad at all.

Rodi

Most importantly, know where on your harddrive your fonts reside, keep them in a fonts folder broken down by foundry, then alphabetically. After a few months, do a collect for out put involving all the fonts on your system, use a folder called collected fonts and break it down alphabetically. I do this so I can navigate to fonts I use all the time and don't have to remember which foundry I have to navigate to. I use ATM Deluxe Mac and PC, FontExplorer X Mac and I hate them all. I really loved MasterJuggler and wish I never threw out Ares FontMinder, because I never thought I would use a PC, and it had a great program for Specimens.
F O N T S A R E A M E S S