• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font or custom?

sdodson1

First time I have had to ask for help but is this a font anyone recognizes or is it one off? Hoping someone knows it because I am on a tight deadline (like always)! Thanks in advance!
SD

Attachments

• fast strike2.jpg
    fast strike2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 121

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
The lowercase "t"s are identical, so I'm gonna say font.

But I don't know what it is. Have you run it through WTF and WFI?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it was hand painted. The cross on the first 't' is longer than the second. Not to mention, it looks like an upswing on the second 't' before he formed the next letter. I think I've seen that style as a Mike Stevens type face and it was used heavily years ago. I know some people have made some of his type faces into fonts for use on the computer, but this one doesn't look like vinyl.

sdodson1

Ran it thru WTF with no hits :doh: I am pretty sure it's a font too but 2 days on it and I haven't been able to ID it. Its on a Johnson 150 outboard motor and the replacement decals are discontinued. The old guy loves this boat and even got me written permission from johnson to reproduce them.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it was hand painted. The cross on the first 't' is longer than the second.

I think it's just how the picture is. Also this is an outboard engine cover, so I doubt it was custom painted like that.

And to the OP, here's a link a decal kit for it. Not sure if that helps.

sdodson1

I think it's just how the picture is. Also this is an outboard engine cover, so I doubt it was custom painted like that.

And to the OP, here's a link a decal kit for it. Not sure if that helps.

Thanks, sent them an email asking turn time the other day and awaiting a reply. Meanwhile I'm just going to have to keep at it because he wants it by Friday.

sdodson1

I gave up and sent it to Eric (Vector Dr) He has always done me a top notch job when I am in a pinch! Thanks all who tried. I am cross eyed from going thru 15 years of fonts!