• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For all you shops that bring the pooch to work

gabagoo

Maxi the Corgi goes ape chit over the compressed air stations. I have 2 in the shop. One in the back for blowing crap off the panel saw and one upstairs by my Edge to keep the dust at bay.

No matter where the dog is, if he hears the air, he is like their within seconds ready to attack the nozzle. He will sit by my Edge for at least 30 minutes if it is running waiting for me to use the air gun.

Not sure what he thinks in his dog brain. I can't tell if he enjoys it or simply just reacts to the air. he's nuts!!!
I remember my other dog also had an issue with the airguns.

Attachments

• max2.JPG
    max2.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 109
  • max1.JPG
    max1.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 99

Jack Knight1979

awesome. my shop corgi freaks out when I change the garbage can.

He loves it when I shake a new bag open. Goes wild every time. Whittfield is getting up there in age, so his exuberance has been subdued a touch, but he still gets active at the sound of the new rustling garbage bag.

rjssigns

Our pup stays generally stays out of the shop. She's scared of air tools, loud noises, paper bags etc.... She is not scared of my side of the bed though.:Big Laugh

anotherdog

our two manage to bark everytime we are on the phone to a corporate client. They stay mostly out of the shop but have beds in the office.

A great way to break up the day is a few minutes playing with a dog or rubbing a belly.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I don't have a shop, but I have a chihuahua puppy and 2 parrots, the parrots are the problem... one's name is "Ponchito" and he will rattle off his name for hours, or he will squawk till they get my attention.

gabagoo

I don't belive pets should be allowed at the work place. With all the fumes and everything else to consider.

In certain types of shops I would agree. Here we dont use any real power tools and when we have to I isolate max up front.

He also loves pre-mask..it must taste good...I have to be careful to toss it in the garbage or he runs off with it.

This dog has few fears although I do get a kick out of making lion sounds from the long cores... I think he may be a little fearful of that but even then he is one tough dog.

HulkSmash

my dog is my shadow. He goes everywhere with me. Work especially...

He loves the shop. The Panel Saw, and air compressor drives him nuts. Almost into a rage.

HulkSmash

Did i mention he lives on edge? Caught him sleeping like this.. right here a while back...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 40780_518617515951_177001110_30634355_3256892_n.jpg
    40780_518617515951_177001110_30634355_3256892_n.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 144

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
hmm my mom used to babysit a parrot named ponchito

I wonder if it's the same one... this parrot belonged to my father-in-law, he found it at work, he moved in when he was dying so we could care for him, after he passed we got the birds. I guess he hated us that much...

HulkSmash

and... he takes over my desk every now and then....
attachment.php

Attachments

• 168057_524195652321_177001110_30758527_6437414_n.jpg
    168057_524195652321_177001110_30758527_6437414_n.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 147

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Sassy and I have an understanding about her behavior around the shop ...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sassy-on-Cutter.jpg
    Sassy-on-Cutter.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 159