• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For the computer geeks........

Shovelhead

Mobo picture....................

:Coffee:

Attachments

• 100_0667.jpg
    100_0667.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 157

jayhawksigns

My list of things.

It looks like you have both power leads hooked up to the MB - good
The graphics card looks like it may not be seated properly - try removing it and reseating it.
Does that MB not have a floppy connection??
Your case speaker is not hooked up from what I can tell, it should go on the connector just above the other case connection, and have to leads coming from the MB.
Go through and recheck your case connection, make sure you have the power led and power switch in the right places.

That graphics card not aligning with the screw holes it what bothers me the most though.

Shovelhead

The mobo has a built in speaker I deciphered....

I was having trouble locating the connection on the Mobo.
The graphics card is seated properly on the mobo pin connection.
I had to bend back were you're looking in order to seat it properly....
It was a very snug fit.
I went online and some people were having trouble with this barebones
as far as stuff fitting properly but again...it is snapped in there.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Try the next slot down for the video card. I just built a new box and the top slot wouldn't line up easily but the others did.

jayhawksigns

I reviewed the picture I snagged off of tigerdirect's website to see the mb bare and you're right, I didn't count the number of pins that were in the top connector so you have to have the hdd and cd on the same ribbon. That just means you can't add another cd or hdd with it being a sata connection.

I am running out of ideas. Have you tried calling tiger for tech support?? Years ago when I was in high school, I bought a kit from them and I ended up getting a mb that was defective, they sent me another one and I sent back the bad one.

Git-R-Done

I was having the same problem. Just my .02 but I just put a new system together and ran into some problems as well. After further digging. I found that my brand new 2 sticks of ram (1 gig each) were bad. Also on the new board they had to be put in slots 1 and 3, not 1 and 2. There is a name for this but I can not recall at this time. After figuring all of this out and getting the ram replaced I had no problems. Hope this helps. MORE POWER OH! OH! OH!

Shovelhead

I've just been informed......

that I have and AGP video card....the specs and box say PCI Express....
so that explains the tight fit.....this is getting complicated.

jayhawksigns

Ouch, that probably explains a lot, like I said I thought something looked wrong with the graphics card.

Have you called tigerdirect to see if you can RMA it??

Baz

To bad that board doesnt have onboard video. You could at least be running with it until you changed your card to PCI xpress. As far as sound goes it has onboard audio so no need for a sound card (unless you want to play games on it :biggrin: )

Cadmn

I'm willing to bet you have memory location problems many boards today have to have two sticks of memory to boot & they have to be located correctly to work Good luck I usually build outside the case first then its easier to trouble shoot start with minimum parts video & memory once its booting then move on up in Parts. cd/dvd last MY .02 10years on bench

Shovelhead

tigerdirect is pretty good.................

although it's ultimately my fault this particular card was on the PCI Express page............I did a little altering to get the card to fit....they wouldn't take it back....a $94.00 lesson.....oh well.........half price to whomever wants it is my co-worker can't use it.......

XFX GeForce AGPx8 512 Mb DDR RAM II......regularly $94.00
...........................................scratch and dent $50.00

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Not.

Both cards use a standard PCI slot on your motherboard. Try moving it down one slot and you will see a difference in the fit.

jayhawksigns

Shovel -

What do you mean by scratch and dent exactly, pm me if you want I might be interested.

And Fred, did you sleep last night??

njsigns

I built a computer from tigerdirect a week ago myself, and had problems booting into Windows, and it turned out I needed to put the cd rom and the hard drive on seperate IDE cables and change the boot order in the BIOS. Once I did this things went fine. I think it might have to do with ATA 133 vs ATA 100.

I would start by taking them both off the same IDE cable, as this resolved a lot of problems for me. Also when you boot into Windows be prepared to see your hard drive be only about half of the size if it's 200 gigs or more. Let me know when you get there, and I can help you get the rest of the drive back.

Gene

Shovelhead

That sounds like it's getting kinda advanced............

is it as simple as plugging the DVD into the available floppy slot on it's own ribbon because that's the only way that I can have a separate connection.
I don't recognise any of the other connections on the drives

Maxtor 160GB EIDE HD 7200/8Mb/ATA-133