• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For those who think it isn't possible.

judead

It looks like the space was confined with random objects laying around. Did that make it more difficult as you were working with panels?

HulkSmash

Bringing up an old thread... After Dozens of these things..

3 months later we're installing ~2k sqft of vinyl and trimmed in just over 4 hours now. We're speeding through them.

Attachments

• 52938_542332052450991_1404052182_o.jpg
    52938_542332052450991_1404052182_o.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 112
  • 20121101_104002.jpg
    20121101_104002.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 109

rjssigns

What type of material is used for the train wraps? And what do you wash/prep with? Just curious.

HulkSmash

What type of material is used for the train wraps? And what do you wash/prep with? Just curious.

3M IJ3500 C

It's honestly the best trasit vinyl I've used, and it's has Control Tac, it's pretty nice. There is no prep. It's down and dirty, go there, install, trim, leave.

They wash the trains the night before.. other than that 0 prep. There's no time for it. The transit wrap world is a whole different ball game.

CanuckSigns

3M IJ3500 C

It's honestly the best trasit vinyl I've used, and it's has Control Tac, it's pretty nice. There is no prep. It's down and dirty, go there, install, trim, leave.

They wash the trains the night before.. other than that 0 prep. There's no time for it. The transit wrap world is a whole different ball game.

How does it compare to BusMark from General Formulations?

HulkSmash

How does it compare to BusMark from General Formulations?

Automark is a perm vinyl after 1 year. Not really meant for transit.
Busmark just released a Air Release Trasnit vinyl they sent me to test out.
Still can't compete with the 3M transit. In any case, i don't have a say in the material, we're just contracted to install these. I couldn't keep up with the amount of trains they print + my every day work.

rjssigns

3M IJ3500 C

Jeekers! No prep. Different ballgame indeed.

Thanks for the update.